U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 09:44 AM

9,423 posts, read 10,562,018 times

Advertisements

My order this week was 1 day shipping and it arrived via USPS.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:04 AM

6,193 posts, read 9,283,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
My order this week was 1 day shipping and it arrived via USPS.
I've gotten a Free One-Day shipment via USPS in April. This was before Amazon Logistics started serving Queen Creek in late May. One-Day orders via USPS will probably be rare, since Amazon Logistics is the primary carrier tasked for the Free Same-Day and One-Day orders (or any paid Same Day/One-Day order under $35 if the items are stocked locally). More commonly you will get USPS for Two-Day orders.

For any paid One-Day order that contains items that are not stocked locally, those will probably be shipped UPS Next Day Air or FedEx Overnight.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 11:22 AM

Just as an update on what carriers I typically get to my home in Queen Creek, I now seem to get all of my Free One-Day shipments via Amazon Logistics. However, most of my Two-Day orders still seem to get assigned to USPS, although I get Amazon Logistics at times, plus that Prime Day gift card order that shipped via UPS 2nd Day Air. The only time I have ever gotten FedEx for a Prime shipment was actually a paid upgrade to One-Day Shipping. It has also been a while since I have gotten OnTrac as well.

Also, I have noticed that Amazon did extend the Free One-Day cutoff time to my ZIP Code to 6:45 PM. When Amazon first started Free One-Day Shipping to QC in March it was around 4:30 PM. Probably this is due to the new Amazon Logistics Delivery Station in Chandler. I was told by Amazon that my ZIP Code is planned to soon get Free Same-Day Delivery, but no timeframe was given.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:07 PM

156 posts, read 412,330 times
I can't speak for UPS/FedEx/USPS but I did work as a Flex driver(own car) and Amazon Logistics driver(white unmarked van). Drivers are supposed to ring/knock, unless noted otherwise. Now they will likely ring and run but they have to or they would be out all night. They are also supposed to hide packages if they can or don't deliver it.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripper76 View Post
I can't speak for UPS/FedEx/USPS but I did work as a Flex driver(own car) and Amazon Logistics driver(white unmarked van). Drivers are supposed to ring/knock, unless noted otherwise. Now they will likely ring and run but they have to or they would be out all night. They are also supposed to hide packages if they can or don't deliver it.
I think most of my Amazon Logistics (AMZL US) packages have actually been delivered by Flex drivers, rather than the regular Logistics drivers, since I think they were wearing normal clothing rather than Amazon uniforms. I didn't see their vehicle, so I can't say for sure.

The Flex drivers also do the Prime Now deliveries, however, I am still outside the Prime Now delivery area.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:30 PM

9,153 posts, read 7,983,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phx1205 View Post
Ours usually show up in a white van with no markings on it...
Mine too. In the Amazon shipping it shows as OnTrac. Is that an Amazon company?

I do still occasionally get a prime shipment by UPS and a lot of the non-prime items come by USPS but most of the Prime comes OnTrac.

Old 07-30-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Mine too. In the Amazon shipping it shows as OnTrac. Is that an Amazon company?

I do still occasionally get a prime shipment by UPS and a lot of the non-prime items come by USPS but most of the Prime comes OnTrac.
No, OnTrac is not an Amazon company. Amazon Logistics will show as "AMZL US".

It has actually been a while since I have gotten Prime packages from OnTrac. I haven't gotten anything via OnTrac for any order this year from Amazon. I think the last time I got something via OnTrac was in the summer of 2016.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:18 PM

22,973 posts, read 24,177,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripper76 View Post
Was it worth it and why'd you stop?

Old 08-07-2017, 10:35 PM

I have another Prime shipment coming via UPS. This was a backordered item that just went back in stock, and it shipped today via UPS Next Day Air (even though I did Two-Day shipping). Interestingly, like my last order that shipped via UPS, this order is also from the Fort Worth fulfillment center. I am not sure if the reason the order shipped UPS was because the item was backordered, however, it seems that stuff that come out of Fort Worth seem to ship UPS.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:15 AM

Just as an update, I now get the majority of my Prime orders shipped via Amazon Logistics, although I have placed a lot of Free One-Day orders recently which may inflate their numbers (since choosing Free Same-Day or Free One-Day will increase the likelihood that your order will get assigned to Amazon Logistics). I still get some orders shipped via USPS, and a small number via UPS. Haven't gotten FedEx or OnTrac in a while to my own address.

However, I do have one order that is a hazmat Prime item that requires ground shipping and will not meet the two-day guarantee. I wonder what carrier that will use (probably either UPS Ground or FedEx Home Delivery).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area