Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 06:16 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,300,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Technically I don't think Phoenix is part of the west valley. I understand the Ave/St and dividing line being Central way is often how it is discussed but everything I find about the definition of the west valley doesn't include Phoenix. That would put the eastern edge around the 101 as Ponderosa stated.
I would say 5 miles East or West of Central Avenue could be considered "Central" and not East or West. So that means 43rd Ave to 44th Street. Of course Maryvale is in the West Valley, like it or not.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:50 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,253,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I would say 5 miles East or West of Central Avenue could be considered "Central" and not East or West. So that means 43rd Ave to 44th Street. Of course Maryvale is in the West Valley, like it or not.
Did you make that number up? I looked and I did not find anything online that listed Phoenix in the west valley. It wasn't an exhaustive search but I looked at several sources and the west valley included all the west valley suburbs but did not include any part of Phoenix.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:58 PM

772 posts, read 841,377 times
Westside is called the worstside for a reason. It's something you drive through on your way to California.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
Westside is called the worstside for a reason. It's something you drive through on your way to California.
Worstside...lol. That was a saying like 10-20 years ago.

I don't have to drive through any part of the east valley for anything that I can think of. You my friend have to "drive through" to get to California, Las Vegas, Rocky Point, Cardinals games, NASCAR, Hockey, concerts at the two west valley venues, Westgate, etc.

Funny how people say there is "more to do" in the east valley but I never find myself going there. I take that back...the occasional Sun Devil football game.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Did you make that number up? I looked and I did not find anything online that listed Phoenix in the west valley. It wasn't an exhaustive search but I looked at several sources and the west valley included all the west valley suburbs but did not include any part of Phoenix.
Using your scenario of roughly 99th avenue being the edge of Central, we'll do the same for the East valley. 9900 East would be East of the 101, right around Alma School Rd. Basically all of Tempe, Most of Scottsdale and half of Chandler would be Central and not East Valley. Ocotillo in Chandler is not East Valley according to you, it's Central. That's nonsense. West of the 101 is FAR West valley, Maryvale is West valley. Ask pbenjamin if Alma School in Chandler is East Valley or Central

Old 08-02-2017, 08:09 PM

772 posts, read 841,377 times
Quote:
Worstside...lol. That was a saying like 10-20 years ago.

I don't have to drive through any part of the east valley for anything that I can think of. You my friend have to "drive through" to get to California, Las Vegas, Rocky Point, Cardinals games, NASCAR, Hockey, concerts at the two west valley venues, Westgate, etc.

Funny how people say there is "more to do" in the east valley but I never find myself going there. I take that back...the occasional Sun Devil football game.
Cardinals nope, Nascar not interested, hockey nope it sucks and the coyotes don't even want to be on the worstside, concerts no thanks, Westgate is a joke. So nope nothing of interest on the westside. Hey you have desert sky mall which is crime ridden so at least you have that.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Using your scenario of roughly 99th avenue being the edge of Central, we'll do the same for the East valley. 9900 East would be East of the 101, right around Alma School Rd. Basically all of Tempe, Most of Scottsdale and half of Chandler would be Central and not East Valley. Ocotillo in Chandler is not East Valley according to you, it's Central. That's nonsense. West of the 101 is FAR West valley, Maryvale is West valley. Ask pbenjamin if Alma School in Chandler is East Valley or Central
According to me??? I'm not the one spitting out random numbers like "4-5 miles". I told you I could not find anything online that listed Phoenix in the west valley. Since Phoenix goes out to the 101 in the west valley (it doesn't go to the 101 in the east valley but good try) I'm saying it would support what Ponderosa stated that was questioned.

Reading comprehension is lacking around here at times.

What is nonsense is saying west of the 101 is the far west valley...you're not even out of Phoenix or Tolleson and just getting to Avondale at that point if you're traveling on the I-10.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
Cardinals nope, Nascar not interested, hockey nope it sucks and the coyotes don't even want to be on the worstside, concerts no thanks, Westgate is a joke. So nope nothing of interest on the westside. Hey you have desert sky mall which is crime ridden so at least you have that.
So it sounds like strip malls and chain restaurants are your thing. More power to you my friend. Stay over there in that zoo and leave the "worstside" for those of us that don't want that rat race.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
According to me??? I'm not the one spitting out random numbers like "4-5 miles". I told you I could not find anything online that listed Phoenix in the west valley. Since Phoenix goes out to the 101 in the west valley (it doesn't go to the 101 in the east valley but good try) I'm saying it would support what Ponderosa stated that was questioned.

Reading comprehension is lacking around here at times.

What is nonsense is saying west of the 101 is the far west valley...you're not even out of phoenix at that point if you're traveling on the I-10.
West of Central is officially West Valley if you want to get technical. Sorry bud, Maryvale, Tolleson, parts of Glendale and Peoria are all centralized parts if they west valley but they're West valley. Loop 303 is far West valley boonies

Old 08-02-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
West of Central is officially West Valley if you want to get technical. Sorry bud, Maryvale, Tolleson, parts of Glendale and Peoria are all centralized parts if they west valley but they're West valley. Loop 303 is far West valley boonies
So a minute ago it was 4-5 miles from central ave that was the west valley and now it is central ave...

A minute ago it was the 101 that was the far west valley, now it is the loop 303 that is the far west valley.

My guess is that you don't know what is over here and had to look at google maps to formulate your argument?

Everything I find online says this..."The West Valley is a region within the Phoenix metropolitan area, in central Arizona. It is located west of the Phoenix city limits, within Maricopa County, Arizona."

I'd be happy to consider anything you can find that says otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area