Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 09:45 AM

42,819 posts, read 26,536,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Next stop, Boise. https://www.city-data.com/forum/boise...pt-ny-5-a.html

And I still wanna know HOW you and the dog actually got to phoenix? ? ? No money, no car, big dog = No cross country trip.
How did his posting in the Boise forum 3 days before he started this thread make him a fake? He said he flew home, so I'm assuming he flew to Phoenix as well. I've transported dogs on airplanes, unless they are small they are transported in the cargo hold. He mentioned having friends and family in NY, maybe they helped him with the fare, or maybe he had some personal possessions he sold before he left. If I were to make up a story on C-D it would be about my previous life as a famous super model or opera singer, not moving to a place because I can't make it where I am.

I see stories like this all the time in the Reno forum, where I lived for 14 years and I'm appalled when people encourage people to move there without a job or a car. But when I try to explain why that's the worst idea ever, some very rabid Reno supporters jump in and counter my advice and claim it's just the best place ever to land when you have nothing except the clothes on your back. I think when people are desperate they honestly convince themselves that a change in geography will fix their problems which is rarely, if ever, true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 09:50 AM

2,555 posts, read 2,313,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
How did his posting in the Boise forum 3 days before he started this thread make him a fake? He said he flew home, so I'm assuming he flew to Phoenix as well. I've transported dogs on airplanes, unless they are small they are transported in the cargo hold. He mentioned having friends and family in NY, maybe they helped him with the fare, or maybe he had some personal possessions he sold before he left. If I were to make up a story on C-D it would be about my previous life as a famous super model or opera singer, not moving to a place because I can't make it where I am.

I see stories like this all the time in the Reno forum, where I lived for 14 years and I'm appalled when people encourage people to move there without a job or a car. But when I try to explain why that's the worst idea ever, some very rabid Reno supporters jump in and counter my advice and claim it's just the best place ever to land when you have nothing except the clothes on your back. I think when people are desperate they honestly convince themselves that a change in geography will fix their problems which is rarely, if ever, true.
I heard from him via Direct Message and he gave me some specific info which makes me believe him. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Said he flew, where he stayed etc.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:59 AM

525 posts, read 543,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

Have to agree with you. I knew this wasn't going to work, but people came on here basically saying those who were discouraging him from moving to AZ were the devil incarnate. This guy is never going to be happy anywhere until he starts making better choices.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:40 AM

42,819 posts, read 26,536,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgirl View Post
Have to agree with you. I knew this wasn't going to work, but people came on here basically saying those who were discouraging him from moving to AZ were the devil incarnate. This guy is never going to be happy anywhere until he starts making better choices.
yep, that's exactly what happens! In the Reno forum it's real common for people to start threads about moving to Reno in order to work for Tesla (with no skills of course) and there are people who encourage it. It's frustrating, and honestly if someone can't meet the challenges of making a living in a place they are familiar with, how do they suddenly succeed by moving across the country to a state they've never even visited?

Old 09-09-2017, 10:54 AM
HDL

3,217 posts, read 6,802,635 times
Thanks for coming back and updating us DIT ! As you can see by now, it doesn't matter what you say, some of the posters are not going to believe you and continue to attack you. You can explain your situation until you are blue in the face, but my advice to you is DON'T BOTHER ! Focus on your situation and getting to a better place. Believe me when I say that you can do it, but if you surround yourself with a lot of negativity (your own and others), it won't work.

So more unasked for advice. Change your 'handle' from "deep in trouble" to something positive like "On my way up" or whatever works for you ! Ask questions, but don't tell your whole life story on city data. It could come back to haunt you ! And don't let giving up be a part of your thoughts. There is light at the end of the tunnel and you never know what tomorrow holds. I'm rooting for you and your dog !

Many blessings ahead,
~HDL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep in trouble View Post
FYI for all of you who think I made up the whole thread just to garner some sympathy. I was at the motel6 in Tempe the address is 19-15 Apache Blvd I was there from Friday September 1st until Wednesday September 6th. One of the hotel staff was nice enough to drive me to the airport. For those that don't believe I was there you have made up your minds. For those who offered words of encouragement. I thank you for your kindness.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:04 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,120,572 times
Deep in Trouble: I see you are on here now. So why not tell us where you are now and where you are going next? That would ease our minds that we weren't all fools.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:26 AM

402 posts, read 619,889 times
People that give up their ageing pets are the true scum of society.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:39 AM

2,097 posts, read 3,825,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
I heard from him via Direct Message and he gave me some specific info which makes me believe him. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Said he flew, where he stayed etc.

So that makes him credible?

There's way to many holes in his story. Also like previously posted you cannot get a flight last minute without paying through the nose for it yet alone book space for a large dog. All this with very little money and no family or friends to help him! Anyone can look up info online or on Google Maps and describe an area they've never been to.

If people were calling me out on my post I'd just post a copy of my itinerary here for everyone doubting me so they can eat crow. Heck if he does this and it's true I'll be the first in line to offer him an apology. Until then this post has been nothing but a game for him.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:47 PM

64 posts, read 49,951 times
Flight 136 on Wednesday September 6th was supposed to leave at 1159 delayed until 145:am jetblue as for my dog I had a letter from my doctor so the dog flew for free in the cabin in bulkhead seating

Old 09-09-2017, 03:32 PM

406 posts, read 628,801 times
I'm waiting for it now, somebody in Phoenix is going to that Motel 6, ask around, then report the results on here assuming they have not done so already and waiting for the right time to post their findings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area