Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 10:09 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,776,053 times

Advertisements

That'd be about on par if it's a nice area. It is also important to know if the HOA has a healthy reserve fund for major repairs like the roof and siding etc; We wound up paying an extra $50ish a month for the next ten years on our first place because they had no reserve fund and the roofs needed to be redone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Street View Post
The air conditioning sounds like a central chiller system. All users have to wait until the cooling is turned on and systems are sometimes undersized because some users won't have it on. Very unreliable.
Oh yeah that doesn't sound fun. Meaning you're at the mercy of the maintenance to switch the system over to AC? No thank you.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
I'd expect a summer bill of $300+ for a tight house & new a/c @ 1400 sq/ft.

I just got a $400 bill for an 1100 sq/ft house with an old a/c (new windows & heat-pump water heater) r19 in the attic / freshly cleaned indoor coil - set-point of 72 degrees 24/7. With extra insulation in the attic & a new heat-pump I'm hoping to muzzle it to a peak bill of $300.. My set-point is probably lower than most, but if I can't afford 72 degrees, I can't afford to live in Phoenix..

Winter bill is a hundred even with led's everywhere & just basic appliances..

On a condo, I'd expect single-pane windows, whatever the builder left for insulation, cheapest a/c unit available, electric water heater & other owners to crank the schnizzle out of their "free" a/c..

So yea.. $300+ average from May through October & $100 /mo nov-April Averages out to ~$200 Ish, and that's probably optimistic..
$300 a month? We pay 1/3 of that and keep it at 67 at night and 75 daytime.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:34 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,834,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
That'd be about on par if it's a nice area. It is also important to know if the HOA has a healthy reserve fund for major repairs like the roof and siding etc; We wound up paying an extra $50ish a month for the next ten years on our first place because they had no reserve fund and the roofs needed to be redone.
It's next to the Biltmore in some older condos, in a safe area.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:32 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,979,754 times
There were some over there selling under 50k during the Crisis. The one I am thinking of was no re tale, which made it hard for a friend to sell his uncle's unit. It is kind of high now, but consider the future? You would be lucky to only have a 50% increase over ten years.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:56 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,730,632 times
Call me a little crazy but . . .

I prefer to have more control over my own utilities and pay for what I am actually responsible for, NOT the wasteful habits of my neighbors.

Blatant waste is a huge contributor to high utility charges and, unfortunately, there are far too many who feel . . . "If prepaid they are FREE" with little or no incentive to perform the basic steps to economize.

My 1400 sq ft Slump Block Home with a relatively new Heat Pump is all electric (no gas) and my Summer bill runs between $80 to $100 a month. During the "non a/c" months it hovers around $60. That's after performing the basic, painless saving steps including switching to LED bulbs and Energy Star appliances.

Common Sense goes a long way . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area