Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 07:46 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,061 times

Advertisements

agree; we love it here, the people have been great, its a beautiful state, and its been everything we expected it to be and even more so far. Sure its hot during the daytime hours, but that was expected.
Its easy to see why so many want to move here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 08:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,053,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
I hear (read) ya...

What I've noticed is - a select few, regurgitating the same poo, permeate the threads...

This forum is a great tool for many that look for honest information. Informed decision is important - and sometimes hard to achieve. Sorting through the truth from agenda is sometimes more difficult than it should be... Most times - the info is there/here, but it sure can be a burden to find it.

Welcome to all that realize Arizona's brilliance! And more specifically Phoenix offerings!!! It's a great place - and don't let anyone fool you otherwise.
Well, it's great and it sucks depending on your point of view. Both are accurate just like food reviews,wine reviews and movie reviews they all depend on the person doing the reviewing...

Old 09-09-2017, 09:41 AM

8,046 posts, read 12,290,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Actually, its all you speed demon, crazy fast speeding natives here that cause that extra heat..
In all my years of driving all over the USA, BY FAR, the phoenix area has more speeding drivers than any place I have ever driven in..and, I dont just mean doing 5 or 10 over, its more like 15-30 over the limit almost everywhere I go..totally insane..
We drive fast here because we can. The conditions are usually favorable enough to drive like "speed demons" as you put it because of the clear, dry weather much of the year, which is something I'm sure you moved here for. Also, because of our climate being what it is, the roads are generally smooth, hazardless, and easy to drive on, and this allows for faster travel (except during heavy traffic times of course).

Speeding is not unsafe as long as the person doing it is attentive and not reckless. It's the slowpokes who are the real danger, especially the ones in the left lane on the freeways who won't move over! Bottom line is: if the "crazy fast speeding natives here" bother you so much, maybe you should either speed up & drive with the flow, or find somewhere else to live because we're not slowing down.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:18 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,976,131 times
Quote:
Actually, its all you speed demon, crazy fast speeding natives here that cause that extra heat..
In all my years of driving all over the USA, BY FAR, the phoenix area has more speeding drivers than any place I have ever driven in..and, I dont just mean doing 5 or 10 over, its more like 15-30 over the limit almost everywhere I go..totally insane..
Make sure you stay out of the left lane. Chicagoans love to hog that left lane and it drives me through the wall.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:26 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,061 times
for you know it alls, I NEVER am in the left lane, except to pass, and then IMMEDIATELY move to the right; havent had a ticket or accident in over 40 years, so please dont preach to me about how to drive safely or properly..

Speeding is the number one cause of accidents in this country, so think about that next time you are doing 60 in a 40 zone..I try to drive with the flow, and have no issues doing 45-50 in a 40mph zone..IN THE RIGHT LANE...

Sure the roads are great, smooth, weather is perfect for driving, but does that make it ok to drive like a madman all the time?

Old 09-09-2017, 11:00 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,976,131 times
Quote:
for you know it alls, I NEVER am in the left lane, except to pass, and then IMMEDIATELY move to the right; havent had a ticket or accident in over 40 years, so please dont preach to me about how to drive safely or properly..

Speeding is the number one cause of accidents in this country, so think about that next time you are doing 60 in a 40 zone..I try to drive with the flow, and have no issues doing 45-50 in a 40mph zone..IN THE RIGHT LANE...

Sure the roads are great, smooth, weather is perfect for driving, but does that make it ok to drive like a madman all the time?
Give it a few years and you'll start driving the same way.

It's pretty tame here compared to Southern California.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,053,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Give it a few years and you'll start driving the same way.

It's pretty tame here compared to Southern California.
Or the east coast like say..... New Jersey...

Old 09-09-2017, 03:54 PM

770 posts, read 839,255 times
Quote:
If the majority of people here are transplants then that would make the majority of those speed demons transplants. Now get out of the left lane grandpa because I'm coming through at 90!

Old 09-09-2017, 03:55 PM

369 posts, read 270,423 times
Default hahaha, the truth has been spoken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Oh boy, another heat thread! And one that isn't interesting or new. Everyone knows about the heat island effect and that as the city grows, so does it. /thread
This says it all. We already know how hot it is here as do most people in America. Seriously is another thread about the heat really necessary?

Old 09-09-2017, 04:02 PM

369 posts, read 270,423 times
Default Great, another aggressive driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
If the majority of people here are transplants then that would make the majority of those speed demons transplants. Now get out of the left lane grandpa because I'm coming through at 90!
Reads like a male with manhood issues so he needs some compensation by either a big bad raised truck or a fast sports car.

Sorry if things are bad with your life that you need to take your aggression out in traffic but I'm driving the speed limit or slightly over. I'm not moving out of your way just because you can't obey the speed limit and behave like a gentleman.

If you want to risk getting a speeding ticket or your sorry a$s hauled off to jail for criminal speeding that's up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area