Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2017, 11:16 PM

1 posts, read 623 times

Advertisements

My friend and I are looking for a rental 2bd/2bath in Central or NorthPhoenix but want to stay away from the more "troubled" areas. We are two women in our mid-30's. Can anyone give us an ideas of the areas we should look? We are looking in those areas due to our job commutes.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 10:17 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,463,395 times
Idk how much you're looking to spend, but you can't go wrong staying along Central, all the way from Jefferson (downtown) all the way up to Northern (North Central Phx).

The area around 12th St and Bethany Home Rd is pretty nice too, you could consider that North Central Phoenix too.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:48 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,328,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertShine View Post
My friend and I are looking for a rental 2bd/2bath in Central or NorthPhoenix but want to stay away from the more "troubled" areas. We are two women in our mid-30's. Can anyone give us an ideas of the areas we should look? We are looking in those areas due to our job commutes.
Thanks!
The nicest areas in the central part of Phoenix area the historic districts, especially Encanto, Palmcroft, Willo, and a few others. You didn't say if you're looking for a house, condo, or apartment, and you didn't mention what you're willing to spend on rent. Generally speaking, it's going to be more expensive in the historic districts, but remember that you usually get what you pay for. Otherwise, if you want something more multi story or highrise, look along and near Central Avenue for some condos or apartments.

As far as north Phoenix is concerned, how far "north" do you want to go? The city takes up a lot of land area, and north Phoenix can extend way past the 101. If you're looking for something more north central, anywhere north of Camelback should be fine ... except I would avoid Sunnyslope. That's still a rather downtrodden area, even though it has improved slightly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: