Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2017, 01:26 PM

7 posts, read 6,647 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a current college senior at a school in the Midwest studying Management Information Systems. I've been to Arizona and Phoenix a couple times and enjoyed it enough that I have been looking to relocate to the area following my graduation in May 2018. Unfortunately, no Arizona based companies are recruiting at my school, so the only option I have found was to check indeed and other job boards. On those sites, there seem to only be a limited number of entry level jobs available, and I think I have applied to practically every one that I meet the requirements for. For finding jobs in the area, am I best off waiting to look until the Spring when I am closer to graduating, just hoping the places I already applied to contact me back, or is there some other way of finding jobs in the area that I have completely skipped over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 02:25 PM

19,464 posts, read 27,995,188 times
I think you've missed the easiest way: Take a job with one of the companies that is recurring at your school, preferably one that has offices in Phoenix/Scottsdale. After a year or so, ask for a transfer. Or take the one year of experience and use it to get a job with another company in Phoenix.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:05 PM

7 posts, read 6,647 times
The vast majority of the companies that attended the career fair don't really have extensive IT operations in the Phoenix area.I fear my only options will be to either take time off work for interviews or to move without having a job already lined up, neither of which are ideal.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 629 times
I had a friend from from Illinois that got a job in Syntel that is in Phoenix, Arizona. He graduated in May 2015 from a Illinois college. You could also try American Express or Go Daddy or Deloitte. They are many people that live from the Midwest in Arizona. The majority have started moving there. Try Syntel they have entry level jobs. They also are one of the few companies that will pay moving expenses for you. My friend has been there two years and loves it. He has met many people his age that have moved there. In his mid 20's. Good luck! Arizona becoming the place where everyone is moving to these days!

Old 12-18-2017, 12:59 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,109,862 times
Not sure what school in Illinois you go to but State Farm is obviously based in Bloomington and I'm sure is always looking to hire IT people. They just built a beautiful brand new Regional HQ in Tempe and are still in the process of hiring folks to fill it up. You could try there, and maybe they'll hire you for that location directly or at the least maybe you could work out of the Bloomington offices and then transfer in a year or two.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:10 PM

90 posts, read 69,964 times
Hi SG,

LinkedIn under 'Jobs' and look, along with Indeed. There are always IT recruiters in the area you can submit your resume to directly and speak with them about their current openings. I got my job in sr management via LinkedIn; however, I did have to fly out and interview in person.

Anyway, the idea is to get your foot in the door. Pay matters but just realize you're shooting for 55 to 60 grand and the ability to learn. Money comes later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area