Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:42 AM

70 posts, read 244,953 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your detailed responses. I appreciate it very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 08:47 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,258,984 times
So last night my door bell rings and when I answer there is a Century Link salesman standing there. He introduces himself and I tell him I'm happy with my Cox service and Century Link doesn't have the speeds I require/want. He shoots back "yes we do, we just upgraded your neighborhood".

I asked...oh, what speeds to do offer in my neighborhood? He asked what I currently have and when I told him I have Cox's 300Mbps down he says "we do One Terabyte service in your neighborhood". I said "that's impossible" and he says depending on your house you can get anywhere from 250Mbps to 1Tbps. I informed him that he needs to go read up on what he's selling and that I wasn't interested. He said he could get his "engineers" to explain it to me as they really do offer one terabyte service. I closed the door.

Century Link can't provide reliable 40Mbps service, I don't know how they are going to get to 250Mbps or beyond.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:20 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,956,371 times
I tried to negotiate with Cox and got nowhere so I went with century link and reduced my bill from 65 to 45,doubled my internet speed and my price is locked for life. I tried to do the same for my mom but century link does not have the same infrastructure in her area(only 4 miles away from me)so she cannot get the same deal as me.
So cox knows that in some areas they have a monopoly and are happy squeezing the people by raising prices often, knowing that some of these people have almost no other option.
If you go to the centurylink website and put in your address it will tell you what is available in your area, if there is no option for Centurylink TV then they have limited infrastructure in that area which still may work for internet only, only at a more limited speed.
Verizon has the best coverage in AZ last time I checked but they are also the most expensive.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:31 PM

2,396 posts, read 2,742,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Cox is really your only choice for internet. Century Link is the alternative which seems to have poor reviews. My Verizon service is great here.
Considering how bad Cox is, I'm sorry to hear that.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:57 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,698,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Considering how bad Cox is, I'm sorry to hear that.
Huh? Don’t you live here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area