Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2018, 05:06 AM

383 posts, read 635,449 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts about some high rise condos charging high HOA's ($800+) for a 2BR 2BA which include heat and Air Conditioning in the HOA?

I lived in a condo that did this back in NYC, but you didn't have a thermostat to regulate the temperature. You only had the capability to turn it on or off, and put on low air, medium or high. That just regulates the fan which blows the air out throughout the entire building. Although the heat and air were included, we still had to pay electricity for the fan that pushed the heat or AC into the rooms. In this case, you still pay for electricity, that is anything that you plug into an electrical socket. If these are central air units, they are plugged into an electrical socket, which you pay for also.

The building always decided when to shut the air and turn on the heat. If it was cold, the building must "switch" the entire building to heat from AC in order for you to get heat in your apartment.
I am wondering if it works the same here in Phoenix where a few condo high rises include heat and AC in the monthly HOA.

Does anyone here live or have lived in any of these condos such as Regency on Central in Midtown? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 06:19 AM

30,403 posts, read 19,191,759 times
I despise any situation where I don't have full control of the temp where I'm sleeping. If they don't restrict your use of HVAC temps, I'm okay with it but would still prefer that I pay my HVAC cost and the next guy pay his.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:24 AM

383 posts, read 635,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I despise any situation where I don't have full control of the temp where I'm sleeping. If they don't restrict your use of HVAC temps, I'm okay with it but would still prefer that I pay my HVAC cost and the next guy pay his.

I tend to agree. In this case, it seems that you are paying for your HVAC in a communal way. If you keep it going on days even when you don't have to you're still paying for everyone else's.
I will check it out for myself next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: