Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 11:13 AM

427 posts, read 368,537 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking that property values in the Western Phoenix area are about to go up considerably when Bill Gates builds his city?

Bill Gates invests $80 million to build Arizona smart city - Nov. 13, 2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 04:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
I'm thinking that property values in the Western Phoenix area are about to go up considerably when Bill Gates builds his city?

Bill Gates invests $80 million to build Arizona smart city - Nov. 13, 2017
"If" is a better statement, same with the Electric Truck plant. "IF" they are built it could be something that's for sure.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:05 PM

80 posts, read 98,713 times
Well, I made it out to visit, and I totally fell in love with Verrado! What a cute place to live!! I am going to have a 2 story build in the Marketside at Verrado. I couldn't afford to purchase a single story for the Sq FT I wanted. So new 2 story it will be. I do not have to commute, as I work from home, so for me, I'll be totally fine living there. Wal-mart / Target was only a 5 min drive and there are lots of other shopping and restaurants was well that are within a very quick driving distance. I feel like I am making a great decision, especially since I need good schools and want all the amenities that Verrado has to offer. Hope I continued to be blessed with a work from home job.. :-) I can see how it would be tough to drive into phoenix or scottsdale for work..

Old 02-08-2018, 09:00 PM

269 posts, read 216,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanavarrete1 View Post
Well, I made it out to visit, and I totally fell in love with Verrado! What a cute place to live!! I am going to have a 2 story build in the Marketside at Verrado. I couldn't afford to purchase a single story for the Sq FT I wanted. So new 2 story it will be. I do not have to commute, as I work from home, so for me, I'll be totally fine living there. Wal-mart / Target was only a 5 min drive and there are lots of other shopping and restaurants was well that are within a very quick driving distance. I feel like I am making a great decision, especially since I need good schools and want all the amenities that Verrado has to offer. Hope I continued to be blessed with a work from home job.. :-) I can see how it would be tough to drive into phoenix or scottsdale for work..
Hey! I saw an article on Pinnacle West building homes off McDowell. Are those homes attached?? Glad you liked the area and found something to go forward with! Congrats neighbor!

Old 02-09-2018, 09:49 PM

202 posts, read 220,400 times
Buckeye is an example of the real estate sprawl complex that Phoenix has. I think it will be somewhat useful when the I-11 gets built, but other than that is seems like a pointless place that only came to existence because of the pre-2008 real estate bubble.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:18 AM

46 posts, read 39,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasaz View Post
Buckeye is an example of the real estate sprawl complex that Phoenix has. I think it will be somewhat useful when the I-11 gets built, but other than that is seems like a pointless place that only came to existence because of the pre-2008 real estate bubble.
It's not pointless to those of us that live here. I like it. I like being out of the city a bit, not as much traffic and congestion. We got a really nice home that was only a couple years old and got it for a great price when we bought out here last year. It's also a better location for those of us that travel to San Diego frequently, makes for a shorter trip and don't have to fight the city traffic heading out there. And honestly, everyone keeps saying it's so far out, it's like 10-15 minutes to Goodyear/Avondale where you can eat and shop all you want, and then come back home to your nice, less congested city of Buckeye. It's pretty harsh to say it's "pointless".

Old 02-10-2018, 07:33 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,740,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHunter View Post
It's not pointless to those of us that live here. I like it. I like being out of the city a bit, not as much traffic and congestion. We got a really nice home that was only a couple years old and got it for a great price when we bought out here last year. It's also a better location for those of us that travel to San Diego frequently, makes for a shorter trip and don't have to fight the city traffic heading out there. And honestly, everyone keeps saying it's so far out, it's like 10-15 minutes to Goodyear/Avondale where you can eat and shop all you want, and then come back home to your nice, less congested city of Buckeye. It's pretty harsh to say it's "pointless".
But Goodyear and Avondale are still in the land of strip malls and chains.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
But Goodyear and Avondale are still in the land of strip malls and chains.
That was part of my point, they are congested with strip malls, etc. But it's nice to have them nearby to run over there if we need something, but then we get to come back to Buckeye where it's less congested and quieter. Pretty much any city we have been to around here is congested, with the exception of Buckeye. When we go into Scottsdale, it's more busy and congested. When we go up to Surprise, it's super busy along Bell Rd. When we go over to Tempe/Chandler area, it's congested. And as far as going into Phoenix, we haven't found much reason to go there for anything. But if we do, it's really only about 30 minutes for us from Buckeye.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:14 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,654,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHunter View Post
That was part of my point, they are congested with strip malls, etc. But it's nice to have them nearby to run over there if we need something, but then we get to come back to Buckeye where it's less congested and quieter. Pretty much any city we have been to around here is congested, with the exception of Buckeye. When we go into Scottsdale, it's more busy and congested. When we go up to Surprise, it's super busy along Bell Rd. When we go over to Tempe/Chandler area, it's congested. And as far as going into Phoenix, we haven't found much reason to go there for anything. But if we do, it's really only about 30 minutes for us from Buckeye.
You're really short changing yourself then. Phoenix has some of the best restaurants, breweries and things to do in the valley. The point is that a 10-15 minute drive to Avondale or Goodyear is a 10-15 minute drive to nothing, for some. Many people want good access to more than basic stuff. 15-20 minutes to a strip mall with a Walmart and Applebee's is not exactly something that's overly attractive.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
You're really short changing yourself then. Phoenix has some of the best restaurants, breweries and things to do in the valley. The point is that a 10-15 minute drive to Avondale or Goodyear is a 10-15 minute drive to nothing, for some. Many people want good access to more than basic stuff. 15-20 minutes to a strip mall with a Walmart and Applebee's is not exactly something that's overly attractive.
Can you recommend some good restaurants in Phoenix for us to try? We've only been to 2 there an they are both closed now, Alice Cooper's place and the Polish Milk Bar.

We do go up to Glendale's Westgate Entertainment center a lot to eat or go to hockey games and that isn't far either, about 25 minutes. I guess overall we don't mind driving a half and hour to get somewhere, whereas people on these boards act like 30 to 45 minutes is a lifetime. Your forum name is Detroit, so I'm guessing you are from that area, didn't you drive about 30 minutes or so to go out to restaurants, sporting events, festivals, etc? When we lived in Fenton, MI it was about one hour away from almost any place we went and it didn't bother us at all. Maybe we are just used to driving to places so the drives to places out here aren't a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area