Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 02:38 PM

6 posts, read 5,337 times

Advertisements

no way, my house went from 300k in value down to 48k and the bangers tagged it up, after 5 home invasions and 2 cars stolen I was done.. I learned the hard way and I'll never live in a blue state, neither will my family..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 02:43 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exodus68 View Post
no way, my house went from 300k in value down to 48k and the bangers tagged it up, after 5 home invasions and 2 cars stolen I was done.. I learned the hard way and I'll never live in a blue state, neither will my family..
Who said anything about a blue state? You're talking about your future neighborhood. Are you under the impression that only Republicans live in red states? FWIW, AZ is pretty purple. Trump barely took the state. It's all a bit myopic and paranoid to blame all of your problems on your state's politicians.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:38 PM

202 posts, read 220,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Buckeye has been a settlement since the late 1800s. True, it was a very small town until about twenty years ago. To act as if there was absolutely nothing there until that time is not true. Every major city has suburbs. I don’t know why Buckeye gets called out as if it was just created by some real estate developer to get rich quick. The Sun Valley Parkway was devised by slimy real estate frauds back in the 80s, but Buckeye has existed for longer than Arizona’s been a state.
Who cares if Buckeye was some small farm "town" in the 1800s. It's existence came about from greedy real estate developers. You just proved my point with the Sun Valley Parkway example. Buckeye is too far from Phoenix and is on the fringe of the West Valley. I can't for the life of me understand it's existence as suburban sprawl on the basis of practicality, need, or history. Just because something existed as a settlement in the past doesn't mean it justifies being a flung out suburb. By that logic, creating a master planned housing community in Coolidge would make sense. Why is it that Buckeye hasn't recovered completely from the housing crisis since 08? I remember hearing about the development in Buckeye and many Phoenix people wondering in disbelief how that was possible. Well it took a recession to see that maybe all the development was premature. The development happening at the scale it was pre recession made no sense and still doesn't. I'm sure developers have already started building there again. Let's see how that goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area