Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 02:53 PM

71 posts, read 115,998 times

Advertisements

Job is relocating me to the Phoenix area. San Tan Valley, Queen Creek areas are where I am looking to purchase a home. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these areas? I sure would appreciate anything you all care to tell me about it. We are seniors, so schools and "family" things are not necessary for us. Is everything HOA? What are utility expenses? Nearest shopping mall (other than a WalMart style mall)? What is the weather like for the seasons. (I know hot in the summer months, but....humidity, winds etc) Anything you can tell me would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 08:09 PM

110 posts, read 119,342 times
Queen Creek is pretty nice and you can get some great custom homes there as well. But mostly subdivisions. Same goes for San Tan Valley. The one thing I would be worried about would be the drive. It will be easily a 45 minute drive to that area, probably more. That would be my biggest concern. Other than that, Queen Creek is great. There are a lot of places for shopping going up (though there isn't a Walmart) there is a Target. My main concern would be the drive, some people that bought out there really hate driving into Phoenix every day from there.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:13 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,360,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
Queen Creek is pretty nice and you can get some great custom homes there as well. But mostly subdivisions. Same goes for San Tan Valley. The one thing I would be worried about would be the drive. It will be easily a 45 minute drive to that area, probably more. That would be my biggest concern. Other than that, Queen Creek is great. There are a lot of places for shopping going up (though there isn't a Walmart) there is a Target. My main concern would be the drive, some people that bought out there really hate driving into Phoenix every day from there.
Actually, there are Walmarts in both Queen Creek and San Tan Valley. The Queen Creek Walmart is located near Ocotillo and Rittenhouse, while the San Tan Valley Walmart is located on Hunt Highway.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:17 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,606,781 times
OP - where are you going to be working? QC and San Tan Valley are a LONG drive from anywhere else in the valley.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:22 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,606,781 times
Closest Shopping Mall would be San Tan Village which is actually about 17 miles (30 minute drive) from San Tan Valley. 20 minutes from Queen Creek.

SanTan Village | Home

Old 02-28-2018, 08:07 AM

110 posts, read 119,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Actually, there are Walmarts in both Queen Creek and San Tan Valley. The Queen Creek Walmart is located near Ocotillo and Rittenhouse, while the San Tan Valley Walmart is located on Hunt Highway.
Wow. That's good to know.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:13 PM

71 posts, read 115,998 times
My husband is used to driving minimum 1 hour just to go 40 miles... I am in Inland Empire of So Calif. And that is just to get to the Inland Empire... another hour or more to got another 40 miles into LA! His job main office is in Gilbert, but he will be in various locations (construction) in the phoenix area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area