U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-29-2018, 10:18 PM
 
33 posts, read 12,557 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Counter protesters are going to the Capital 9am to 2pm
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2018, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
35,265 posts, read 19,228,723 times
Reputation: 12621
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaGirl2 View Post
Counter protesters are going to the Capital 9am to 2pm
Well, they'll get met with #RedForEd protesters too. This aught to be interesting if the counter protest is larger than say 10 people.

I have heard rumors of people being scared of putting #RedForEd on their cars in fear of vandalism. I haven't because my cas is in fact red. My sister(-in-law) even offered to put some on my car and my response was it is "it is red."

I haven't heard many people whom I talked to about the walkout be against the . In fact all the people I hear are in fact on the internet so perhaps it is trolls or the internet tough guy meme. My brother, father and I talked about the end of civility and bias today and part of it is due to the echo chamber effect where if you have liberal neighbors you just ignore them rather than say "I respect your opinion but I disagree." Today, it just gets more heated and doubled if not triple downed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2018, 12:22 PM
 
9,241 posts, read 7,856,975 times
Reputation: 2217
Let's see if the school graduate rates and grades go up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2018, 12:59 PM
 
9,241 posts, read 7,856,975 times
Reputation: 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
OK, so the retired couple will receive one third more in benefits than what they put in. Big deal! Now, can you find an article about how much children contribute to the system compared to what they get in benefits (public education, health care, and other gov't services)? You probably can't because children don't contribute anything to speak of. They and their breeding parents are some of the biggest spongers when it comes to how much they take out vs. how much they pay in taxes. Besides, even if some senior citizens aren't deserving of what they receive in benefits, I would still choose to have my tax money help them instead of the breeders who think they're entitled to everything under the sun just for having kids.
Why not have students grade teachers on performance before there is any funding? Schools should compete for raises at the end of the year. In the private sector if you don't produce you are either replaced or don't get a raise. Rather than walking out every few years demanding more money.

Last edited by All American NYC; 04-30-2018 at 02:09 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2018, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ area
3,340 posts, read 4,005,192 times
Reputation: 4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Let's see if the school graduate rates and grades go up.
You can almost guarantee that we will see zero improvements with the billion a year we are about to throw at them. Money doesn't solve the problem, better parenting is the only meaningful solution and we can't mandate parent involvement.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2018, 01:27 PM
 
9,241 posts, read 7,856,975 times
Reputation: 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
You can almost guarantee that we will see zero improvements with the billion a year we are about to throw at them. Money doesn't solve the problem, better parenting is the only meaningful solution and we can't mandate parent involvement.
I disagree with shifting blame from teachers to parents.

Another thing to note is getting rid of illegal immigrants in the school system. They crowd our schools.

Last edited by All American NYC; 04-30-2018 at 02:11 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM
 
Location: northwest valley, az
3,130 posts, read 1,918,745 times
Reputation: 4278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
OK, so the retired couple will receive one third more in benefits than what they put in. Big deal! Now, can you find an article about how much children contribute to the system compared to what they get in benefits (public education, health care, and other gov't services)? You probably can't because children don't contribute anything to speak of. They and their breeding parents are some of the biggest spongers when it comes to how much they take out vs. how much they pay in taxes. Besides, even if some senior citizens aren't deserving of what they receive in benefits, I would still choose to have my tax money help them instead of the breeders who think they're entitled to everything under the sun just for having kids.
And, what about people have made far more than 44k per year, and contributed a TON more to Social security than they will ever take out of it?
My wife and have had 6 figure plus jobs for years, and contributed ALOT more than couples making 44k ever have; how do we possibly get more out than we have put into it???

its impossible to make general assumptions when it comes to topics like this...

I paid ridiculous amounts of taxes/real estate taxes in Illinois for over 20 years before we had a child; I didnt complain about it, but now that I am past that, I do NOT want to pay any more than I do now; thats a BIG reason why we moved to Arizona, to get away from the tax and spend nightmare that goes on in alot of the Midwestern/East coast states..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2018, 02:32 PM
 
7,860 posts, read 5,321,856 times
Reputation: 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
And, what about people have made far more than 44k per year, and contributed a TON more to Social security than they will ever take out of it?
My wife and have had 6 figure plus jobs for years, and contributed ALOT more than couples making 44k ever have; how do we possibly get more out than we have put into it???

its impossible to make general assumptions when it comes to topics like this...

I paid ridiculous amounts of taxes/real estate taxes in Illinois for over 20 years before we had a child; I didnt complain about it, but now that I am past that, I do NOT want to pay any more than I do now; thats a BIG reason why we moved to Arizona, to get away from the tax and spend nightmare that goes on in alot of the Midwestern/East coast states..
But see here’s our problem. A state full of people who have already had there’s in another state and do not want to contribute to this state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2018, 02:35 PM
 
9,241 posts, read 7,856,975 times
Reputation: 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
But see here’s our problem. A state full of people who have already had there’s in another state and do not want to contribute to this state.
Seems like more contributing to the red for Ed shirts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2018, 05:19 PM
 
4,086 posts, read 7,965,011 times
Reputation: 4128
Chandler schools closed for Tuesday as well...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top