Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 01:19 PM

110 posts, read 119,483 times

Advertisements

My final thought on this thread will be this. Keep your religious thoughts and opinions in the religion forum. This is should be about the valley's culture religiously and politically. Not about religion itself. Thanks!

Old 03-27-2018, 01:38 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,737,256 times
I love how this thread started:

"Hate to ask, but ......." Yeah, right!

Pull pin, toss grenade, watch fireworks.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:43 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,213,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
MN-Born-n-Raised this message is intended for you.

I told you in a previous post to get a real argument.
Like I said, I don’t have a problem with you believing what you want to believe. I really don’t. I don’t mind you talking about your faith. Have at it! Just don’t knock on my door and waste my time by pushing your point of view.

Re: logic. So tell me, do you REALLY believe Joseph Smith was told to dig up solid gold books. Mysteriously, not far from his NY home, then translate it and rebury them without showing the world? To me at least, that reeks of pure fiction. Simply put, you and others are easily fooled. It’s really as simple as that. That’s logic. Defend your position. I'm all ears.

log·ic
ˈläjik/
noun
1. reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 03-27-2018 at 02:15 PM..

Old 03-27-2018, 01:44 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,674,693 times
Quote:
The day people stop talking about their religion to random strangers. The day that we are all so afraid of talking to one another about our beliefs is the day America dies.
Where in the heck did you get from? America is alive because of people "talking about their religion to random strangers". I've heard it all!

Old 03-27-2018, 01:51 PM

110 posts, read 119,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Where in the heck did you get from? America is alive because of people "talking about their religion to random strangers". I've heard it all!
Well in the United States I can talk to you and if you are interested, share my religious beliefs. And you can do the same thing yourself. You could do that anywhere in the world. But, certain countries have made that a crime and in some countries you get you head chopped off if you cross the wrong group of people.

Just sayin'

Old 03-27-2018, 01:59 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,674,693 times
Quote:
Well in the United States I can talk to you and if you are interested, share my religious beliefs. And you can do the same thing yourself. You could do that anywhere in the world. But, certain countries have made that a crime and in some countries you get you head chopped off if you cross the wrong group of people.

Just sayin'
Fair enough. I just don't think bothering strangers with superstitions is the backbone of this country. Sure, having the ability to speak without fear of government persecutions is, just as it's anyone else's right to speak their opposing views. Manners seem to be getting overlooked though. No one wants to hear a stranger's sanctimonious opinion on life. It's arrogant, rude and a waste of breath.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:13 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,213,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Fair enough. I just don't think bothering strangers with superstitions is the backbone of this country. Sure, having the ability to speak without fear of government persecutions is, just as it's anyone else's right to speak their opposing views. Manners seem to be getting overlooked though. No one wants to hear a stranger's sanctimonious opinion on life. It's arrogant, rude and a waste of breath.
Andrew is suggesting that it is his right to push his POV down your throat by knocking on your door. It's AMERICAN! Because his parents told him to listen to Joseph's translation of some gold book he found in his backyard. Again, I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I dodged that Gilbert hood. I might have had my door knocked on 10 times this month. Because it's their right!

Old 03-27-2018, 03:47 PM

90 posts, read 113,578 times
I rarely answer the door anyway. Even though it's typically just an Amazon package being delivered.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:50 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,053,089 times
Most Christians are very polite, normal, kind and honest people. I've known none to "shove their religion down anyone's throat" like the OP seems to have a stereotype of. It just really doesn't happen.

If you were to go to any mall or coffee shop or gas station or workplace in this country you'd generally have a hard time pointing out who is a Christian and who may be Atheist or Agnostic....in general.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:50 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,981,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Andrew is suggesting that it is his right to push his POV down your throat by knocking on your door. It's AMERICAN! Because his parents told him to listen to Joseph's translation of some gold book he found in his backyard. Again, I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I dodged that Gilbert hood. I might have had my door knocked on 10 times this month. Because it's their right!
He has just as much right to do that as you to do spew your hatred right here on a public forum for everyone to see. And to be honest, I'd rather have Andrew as a neighbor than someone like you. That's something I don't expect you to know, realize, or understand however. But just remember one thing... its understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area