Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 03:33 AM

110 posts, read 119,483 times

Advertisements

Hey,

When my grandparents moved out here in the 70's, North Scottsdale and Troon North seemed like the middle of nowhere. All Chandler had was the tumbleweed Christmas tree. I look back and think about all the opportunities they missed out of for real estate investment.

Now, here is the question: What mad deals am I missing out on today? What are the areas that are still cheap and seem like they are in the middle of nowhere? Where would you invest in real estate?

Now, I am talking about at least 20+ acres of land of under 100K. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 08:13 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,307,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
Hey,

When my grandparents moved out here in the 70's, North Scottsdale and Troon North seemed like the middle of nowhere. All Chandler had was the tumbleweed Christmas tree. I look back and think about all the opportunities they missed out of for real estate investment.

Now, here is the question: What mad deals am I missing out on today? What are the areas that are still cheap and seem like they are in the middle of nowhere? Where would you invest in real estate?

Now, I am talking about at least 20+ acres of land of under 100K. Thoughts?
If we all knew, wouldn't we be doing it and not generously giving away huge profits to you?

Old 04-02-2018, 08:44 AM

326 posts, read 674,625 times
Have a look at Whispering Ranch. It's in the far NW valley. Should fit your budget.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:39 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,307,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_from_Germany View Post
Have a look at Whispering Ranch. It's in the far NW valley. Should fit your budget.
I'm going to get right on that.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:22 PM

673 posts, read 467,715 times
Love the Ranch (Whispering Ranch). I go out when I can and scout around. Very relaxing and some stunning views.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:28 PM

202 posts, read 220,980 times
I doubt you will ever see the massive real estate growth that happened the last several decades. Phoenix will continue to build out, but everything worth getting that will return a huge investment is already too expensive now because it's become a real metropolitan area. Even three decades ago, real estate investment would've been a great thing to get into. It still is, but I think you need a LOT of money now, if you want to make the type of returns you would get back then. I had to look up Whispering Ranch. I'm sure that place will one day be worth a lot more than what it's worth now, but it will take much longer for that investment to be fruitful like what has happened to a lot of the real estate surrounding Phoenix. The way I look at it is that areas less than 1 hour out of the downtown area of the major city, are the ones that will yield the best money, if you wanted to make a huge return on investment. Exceptions include beaches, attractions, etc. These aren't really applicable to the Phoenix area though. Phoenix was one of the more recent cities in the US to become a large metro, hence why you saw places like Scottsdale and Chandler become prominent.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:47 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,981,618 times
I would look into New Mexico far before AZ for cheap real estate. Just don't bother looking at places like Taos or Santa Fe.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:58 PM

102 posts, read 111,798 times
Andrew-metro Phoenix is almost impossible to find this. Far south east, south, west and maybe northwest. Florence, Buckeye, and Wickenburg could have some options. Are you looking for any type of land? Commercial or residential?

Old 04-05-2018, 12:31 AM

110 posts, read 119,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticPhxDude View Post
Andrew-metro Phoenix is almost impossible to find this. Far south east, south, west and maybe northwest. Florence, Buckeye, and Wickenburg could have some options. Are you looking for any type of land? Commercial or residential?
Probably residential. However, I am not opposed to commercial.

I am aware that finding that is almost impossible in the metro area. But, 50 years ago Queen Creek was nothing. Now there is quite a bit of real estate action over there.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:38 AM

31,121 posts, read 22,161,436 times
Casa Grande is still very reasonable, and perhaps Maricopa. Im currently in an older part of Scottsdale that is more expensive now than at the last peak. Most of the outlying areas probably wont surpass the last peak for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area