Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 5,877 times

Advertisements

Good Morning!! Hey! Does anyone know of any lawsuits that were won in phoenix Arizona for Landlords neglect on infested BED BUG attacks on tenants? We need an attorney and i cant find anyone to help us! My eight member family had to move in to a 1bedrm/1bth due to my company laid me off and our roof caved in on 2bdrm in our 4bdrm townhome a we were exposed to black mold. So in Nov 2008 we had move ASAP! So we moved in this Apt in Phoenix AZ. Jan 2009 we were surrounded with roaches and then started to get these red bites and red circles all over our head, arms, legs, and backs! Mind you, I have kids from 18, 16,6,5,3 & 2, plus my husband! We went to the doctor and she said were being bitten by bed bugs that have put a parasite inside our bodies that is called SCABBIES! I told our landlord and she does not care we have called and tried to schedule apartments for pesticides but we are just getting the run of round since Jan we pay our rent and nothing. Other tenants are going thru the same thing. Please help we want out!! Were month to month and we not only have just that issue but a lot others that manager have neglect to fix regarding maintenance. But this is just by far the Worst. My family and I can’t sleep. Were up fighting the parent and the babies. This is most Horrifying GROSS thing any human could experience. My kids for god sakes. These people don’t care about anything but the rent, which we pay, but were wrong for asking them to fix anything. They have made promises on top of promises, BUT NOTHING! PLEASE HELP MY FAMILY. We don’t have the money to just get up and move were on a fixed income and have no family to go stay with. It’s eight of us! PLEASE HELP!! I don’t know what else to do. We’ve been spending money on meds and domestic products, washing clothes and blanket our furniture two days of week, due to our fixed income. We can use fumigation we have asthmatic kids and they said they would move us into an apt behind us for a day for them to fumigate and replace the used carpet. Nothing! We have lost clothes beds blankets, were exhausted, missed work and school due to this!! What do I do! I feel like I can’t help my family and that’s my job to protect provide my family with a health and safe environment! Please Help US!! Email: Mod cut: Email address deleted. Thank you!!
Sincerely, the bed bug family

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-12-2015 at 09:43 AM..

Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 AM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Have you tried calling the City/County/State Health Deptartments?

Old 05-04-2009, 12:47 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
I would call the city before suing. Bed bugs can be transported on your own bedding and blankets so it is hard to prove. I am getting tired of people suing for just about a hang nail today. The landlord can provide you with a good extermination and new beds. Be glad you have a roof.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:58 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I would call the city before suing. Bed bugs can be transported on your own bedding and blankets so it is hard to prove. I am getting tired of people suing for just about a hang nail today. The landlord can provide you with a good extermination and new beds. Be glad you have a roof.
Great point, Motley . . .

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-12-2015 at 09:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area