Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 08:18 AM

90 posts, read 113,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
OpenDoor and Offer Pad are buying up houses at a quick clip as well, at least in our area...
I feel like there are a TON of Opendoor homes on the market. You can tell when they are Opendoor because of the filter they use and the way the take the pics. That and most of their homes sit on the market for a bit because they're basically low margin flippers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 08:24 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,676,347 times
With housing in the most desirable neighborhoods flirting with certain CA markets’ pricing, I believe there will be a correction at some point. I just question how many buyers there are for $350+/sq ft homes in Phoenix.

Here’s an example: https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Phoenix/29.../home/26973255

Old 05-03-2018, 08:36 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,484,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
With housing in the most desirable neighborhoods flirting with certain CA markets’ pricing, I believe there will be a correction at some point. I just question how many buyers there are for $350+/sq ft homes in Phoenix.

Good grief. They did OK with what they had, but it's still a low ceilinged old ranch style house with minimal curb appeal and a virtually bare back yard, large though it may be. If that house is worth that to somebody.....

There's a house for sale in my neighborhood in Tempe, the three bedroom version of my four bedroom. Not enough updating beyond the floors and some shutters, the back yard doesn't fit the glowing written description, and it's priced at just under 100,000 more than sites say mine is worth. We'll see.....

Old 05-03-2018, 10:12 AM

90 posts, read 113,614 times
Quote:

$800k for a house that doesn't even have a garage. Nice turtle in the backyard though.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:42 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,676,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitshipp View Post
$800k for a house that doesn't even have a garage. Nice turtle in the backyard though.
Nor a pool! People that think Phoenix is all cheap housing will have an eye-opener if the trend continues.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:51 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,307,667 times
Quote:
Nor a pool! People that think Phoenix is all cheap housing will have an eye-opener if the trend continues.
I wasn't paying attention then because I wasn't living in AZ, but what were people thinking during the last top? Did they think it would go up forever or were they thinking real estate was high in the Metro? I'm curious as to how people were feeling and thinking then. As I unerstand its we are still not at the peak back then inflation adjusted, etc.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:28 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,345,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
I wasn't paying attention then because I wasn't living in AZ, but what were people thinking during the last top? Did they think it would go up forever or were they thinking real estate was high in the Metro? I'm curious as to how people were feeling and thinking then. As I unerstand its we are still not at the peak back then inflation adjusted, etc.
I thought my home was ridiculously overpriced and only a fool would pay that. It was going to come down, but I never expected just how much it would come down. I don't think that now. Now we are about $350K which is $100K below what some of the online resources said back at the peak. The price is reasonable in the sense that if I were to move to another comparable house I would not feel like I was being robbed. It is also consistent with the inflationary trend line since we bought it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area