Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 09:46 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,644,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
LOL! Thanks! I can't tell if he's serious or sarcastic. However, if your post I quoted was sarcasm, I apologize!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 08:36 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,940,734 times
I think its a little of both!
NP Yukon, we all make mistakes...

Old 06-28-2018, 12:38 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,636,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
LOL! Thanks! I can't tell if he's serious or sarcastic.
Earp is rarely sarcastic. He mainly spews truths and non-truths.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:21 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,453,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyo View Post
Last Friday morning, I lost my wallet at the TJMAXX store in Chandler. At the time, I carried a backpack, bought a few clothes, and paid for them with a credit card in my wallet. Then I don't remember if I left my wallet on the cashier counter or it was stolen.

I walked out of the store and drove home. Since then, my car and backpack have been kept at home. I did not notice that the wallet was lost until Saturday morning, when I got a lot of message from banks showed there were several unusual transactions of my credit cards.

The guy who stole my credit card used them to go to Phoenix's railway station, went to boost mobile, went to some Shell gas stations (Chandler), went to Walmart (Chandler), panda express(Chandler), Mi Amigos food market(Chandler), DVD rental, etc. The guy even used my debit card to shop in the boost mobile store.

I immediately called to stop the credit card and quickly reported this to the Office Department on Saturday afternoon. However, the policeman who in charge of this case did not return to work until Wednesday. I think that since the thief had gone to so many places, it should be easy to catch the guy. Because whether it is TJMAXX or Walmart, there are many surveillance cameras. If the police handle the case in time, they must be able to catch this guy. However, I am now anxious to wait for them to handle the case.

I am very worried that it will not be easy to catch him after a long time. There are not only some credit cards in my wallet, but also some gift cards, a small amount of cash, and important Id such as Permanent Resident Card...

I was supposed to fly abroad on schedule yesterday. However, because of the loss of this card, I cannot go. I lost all my family's international air tickets and hotel reservations abroad. I not only lost a lot of money, but also caused me a lot of trouble. I planned for this trip for a year and a half. I feel very depressed.

I would like to ask everyone to help me out. Do you think that there is so much evidence, shouldn't it be easy to catch the thieves?
Apart from waiting for the police, what else can I do? I have been to some of the stores that the guy has visited. No one could show me a video. They say that it can only be seen by the police.

OP, if you paid for your travel arrangements with a credit card, check with credit card company - sometimes they offer insurance for unforeseen travel cancellations.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:09 PM

4 posts, read 2,361 times
It's been almost two weeks and there's been no progress. I'm beginning to lose hope.
Police said they were able to see the thief on camera, but could not see him clearly.
I don't think they will do anything more to help me. Very disappointed. The loss was really big and I'm very sad.
It will take more than $500 to get a replaced green card and may take more than one year to get it.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:48 AM

15,254 posts, read 13,049,700 times
I'm sorry this happened to you. My purse was stolen five years ago, so they got not only my wallet but my cellphone. I was on a business trip and was left with nothing but my return ticket and my laptop. Fortunately the hotel I'd just checked out of was able to advance me $50 cash since they still had my credit card on file.

But the experience was traumatic in ways I wouldn't have expected. People blamed me for the theft. When I returned the rental car and explained why it was late coming back, the clerk yelled at me as if I had deliberately and thoughtlessly inconvenienced him. A loved one took it upon himself to lecture me about my supposed lapse. Even the people I'd just done business with turned away and said nothing.

It's a cold world out there. Police refuse to help with property crimes in many areas now. We are truly on our own.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:06 AM

I'm sorry to hear that something similar has happened to you. The international air ticket I booked is Delta, and they are kind enough to give me credit for one-year extension, but I can't get my green card within one year, so I'm worried that the air tickets will still be invalid.
Most of the hotels and air tickets I booked overseas have been canceled without refund. So I lost at least two or three thousand dollars this time and wasted a lot of time. If my international air tickets are finally cancelled, thousands more dollars will be lost.
I really only want them to give me my green card now, and I will reward them.
Does anyone know where to post the advertisement of reward seeking?

Old 07-06-2018, 12:09 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,068,575 times
OP, I'm very sorry that this happened to you.

When I was a broke senior in college, I went to a Dept store to buy some graduation clothes. As naive and inexperienced as I was, I made the huge mistake of leaving my wallet in the dressing room while I went out to look in the full length mirrors. During that time, a thief had snuck into my dressing room and stole all my $$--100. That really hurt. I tried to make myself better by taking a temp job just to recoup my loss. Needless to say, I can't stand thieves.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:19 PM

Yes, I feel so bad recently. I'm not rich. I work hard and save money for this trip. Life is really hard, the thief's wrong behavior made me more distressful.

The loss of a green card at this critical time presents a series of problems, but I had to accept that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area