Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 01:09 PM

51 posts, read 62,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Have you been to Fiesta Mexicana recently? They have really increased the prices since the minimum wage hike. Don't use the prices on their website as those are the pre minimum wage increase prices.

We just ate there Sunday and for my wife, 19 year old daughter, and myself it cost us $70.47 for the three of us. That was with no alcohol and no appetizers. We did share 1 fried ice cream for desert. I had chicken fajitas, my wife had a verde burrito, and my daughter had a bean burrito. My wife and I had iced tea and my daughter had water. Tell me how that isn't expensive for three people at a casual mexican joint? The service was terrible so $8 of that was the tip.

07/01/2018 FIESTA MEXICANA RESTAURANAVONDALE AZ -$70.47

Don Pancho is a fast food type place but you can sit down (it is small). The food is of much higher quality than fast food.

No, it's probably been 7 or 8 months since I've been there. Been deployed for almost 6 months now so that kinda limits my choices . If they have increased the prices that much since then, they will have lost my business for sure. For four of us (two kids), we were usually out of there for $50-60. And that usually included a beer or a margarita or two.

I would completely agree that $70 for three people and no booze or appetizers is a little on the expensive side for what it is. But then again, even taking the four of us out to Filibertos or the likes will run us $40 these days and that's takeout without drinks. That's why we don't eat out much anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 04:18 PM

421 posts, read 391,773 times
thanks for the info.... gives us some idea

Old 07-12-2018, 04:54 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,228,199 times
Can't believe we forgot the most well regarded restaurant in the Goodyear/Avondale area. Flavors of Louisiana is outstanding and has a valley wide following.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:32 PM

51 posts, read 62,065 times
Quote:
Can't believe we forgot the most well regarded restaurant in the Goodyear/Avondale area. Flavors of Louisiana is outstanding and has a valley wide following.

I didn't even know it was there so I'll have to check it out one day. Thanks for the tip.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:28 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,338,553 times
Quote:
Amazing food. A must eat.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:54 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
It's a local chain, but Angry Crab (at least the Mesa and Phoenix locations) is really good.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:45 PM

2,774 posts, read 5,728,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
It's a local chain, but Angry Crab (at least the Mesa and Phoenix locations) is really good.

Forgot that place. Been once for a bag of shrimp with hot kajun sauce. Took home a tub of sauce home for about 6 bucks I think and added it to all kinds of recipes for weeks. Good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area