Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 09:02 AM

421 posts, read 390,615 times

Advertisements

Our younger daughter is buying a home in the Sarival Village area of Goodyear and our other daughter feels as if the area is a suburban desert as far as eating/entertainment/etc. What do people think about choices in the general vicinity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 09:27 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Define great.

What is she looking for in food/entertainment?

Old 07-02-2018, 10:22 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
There are some decent places but very few if any "great" places.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:56 PM

51 posts, read 61,875 times
Royal Jasmine is good for Thai food. I like Central King Egg Roll for Vietnamese. Akai Hana for sushi. Fiesta Mexicana for Mexican food but I think it's a small chain.

I really don't eat out much but if I'm near Goodyear, it's usually one of those.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm27m View Post
Royal Jasmine is good for Thai food. I like Central King Egg Roll for Vietnamese. Akai Hana for sushi. Fiesta Mexicana for Mexican food but I think it's a small chain.

I really don't eat out much but if I'm near Goodyear, it's usually one of those.
I'll second Royal Jasmine as good for Thai. Fiesta Mexicana is decent but very expensive for Mexican food. Akai Hana is decent as well.

Don Pancho in Avondale is a great little Mexican place.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:00 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
PT Noodles, Saddle Mountain Brewery and Pho House are good. Dino's Greek and Italian Grill is interesting.

I would also add a couple from Litchfield Park because they are close:

La Bona Pasta is a great little place but can be a horror on service because it seems like it's just the chef and 1 server.

Old Pueblo Cafe serves an egg wrapped Chile Relleno that alone is worth the trip.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:23 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,627,477 times
It is a suburban desert. Luckily there are good independent eateries in Goodyear. Lucky Buddha (Indian School just west of Litchfield) has fairly decent Chinese food. Sandwich Masterz (Estrella and Van Buren) has really good sandwiches. Taste of Italy (Estrella just north of MC85) has good Italian. Saddle Mountain Brewing Company at Estrella and Roosevelt is good for their beer, food is mediocre. Enroute Coffeee and Tea (Estrella and Roosevelt) has exceptional coffee.

There are also good independent options in Avondale. However, since the focus is on Goodyear, I will just stop at the independent options within Goodyear that are good.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:00 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I'll second Royal Jasmine as good for Thai. Fiesta Mexicana is decent but very expensive for Mexican food. Akai Hana is decent as well.

Forgot about Akai Hana, decent, little expensive, but like that they are Japanese.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:24 AM

51 posts, read 61,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post

I'm a cheapskate and I've never considered Fiesta Mexicana as expensive. I'd consider it more average for a regular sit down restaurant in the area. Not as cheap as the fast-food sit down Mexican places but not the same environment either.

I'll have to try Don Pancho though. Is it a regular sit down style restaurant or one of the fast food sit down types (like Fredericos or Filibertos)?

A note to the OP, if you're not familiar with the area don't be misled by me calling some of these Mexican food places "fast food". It's not like Taco Bell fast food but a different style altogether. I'd say somewhere between a Taco Bell and a regular sit down restaurant. Some of them have excellent food at reasonable prices. You're missing out if you like Mexican food and don't eat at these places.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm27m View Post
I'm a cheapskate and I've never considered Fiesta Mexicana as expensive. I'd consider it more average for a regular sit down restaurant in the area. Not as cheap as the fast-food sit down Mexican places but not the same environment either.

I'll have to try Don Pancho though. Is it a regular sit down style restaurant or one of the fast food sit down types (like Fredericos or Filibertos)?

A note to the OP, if you're not familiar with the area don't be misled by me calling some of these Mexican food places "fast food". It's not like Taco Bell fast food but a different style altogether. I'd say somewhere between a Taco Bell and a regular sit down restaurant. Some of them have excellent food at reasonable prices. You're missing out if you like Mexican food and don't eat at these places.
Have you been to Fiesta Mexicana recently? They have really increased the prices since the minimum wage hike. Don't use the prices on their website as those are the pre minimum wage increase prices.

We just ate there Sunday and for my wife, 19 year old daughter, and myself it cost us $70.47 for the three of us. That was with no alcohol and no appetizers. We did share 1 fried ice cream for desert. I had chicken fajitas, my wife had a verde burrito, and my daughter had a bean burrito. My wife and I had iced tea and my daughter had water. Tell me how that isn't expensive for three people at a casual mexican joint? The service was terrible so $8 of that was the tip.

07/01/2018 FIESTA MEXICANA RESTAURANAVONDALE AZ -$70.47

Don Pancho is a fast food type place but you can sit down (it is small). The food is of much higher quality than fast food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area