Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 10:23 AM

90 posts, read 410,762 times

Advertisements

So some houses in Litchfield Park have caught my eye and, from what I've read, it seems like a good place but I wanted to get opinions from you all that have either lived there or known people who lived there.

What do you think? What is the crime like there? Is it a good place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 10:35 AM

277 posts, read 276,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComposerRyan View Post
So some houses in Litchfield Park have caught my eye and, from what I've read, it seems like a good place but I wanted to get opinions from you all that have either lived there or known people who lived there.

It seems like an okay area, I personally never live past 19th ave but that’s me

Old 07-21-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
It seems like an okay area, I personally never live past 19th ave but that’s me
Why wouldn't you live past 19th? Is it because of distance to central phoenix or because the crime gets worse?

Thanks again for the help!

Old 07-21-2018, 01:07 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,451,525 times
Hopefully someone can elaborate on this or correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that certain areas of Litchfield park are "county islands" in the sense that they get no city services and need to rely on Maricopa County for services.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:12 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,145,829 times
My parents used to live out there. Lots of new construction and some nice neighborhoods as well. Check the flight path from Luke AFB though.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:46 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,222,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
Hopefully someone can elaborate on this or correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that certain areas of Litchfield park are "county islands" in the sense that they get no city services and need to rely on Maricopa County for services.
This is correct. We looked at several neighborhoods that had Litchfield Park addresses but relied on the county for services.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:05 PM

So, is relying on the county for services a bad thing?

Also, definitely will check the flight path for that area. I definitely don't want to deal with loud jets flying over my house all day.

And, by the way, I noticed a cement company and large "salt mining" looking area to the east. Is that a concern? Any pollution coming from that area?

Old 07-21-2018, 03:12 PM

549 posts, read 1,559,388 times
Very nice area, with a cute "downtown" area near the Wigwam Hotel.

Only problems are that it's relatively far from downtown Phoenix and very close to Luke Air Force base, which does create some noise in certain areas.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:31 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Quote:

Litchfield Park is incredibly safe. There are many higher caliber homes in the area. LP ranks as the highest average income in the West Valley at $84,000 (Source C-D).

I would have one exclusive concern for living in LP. Luke AFB. Forget the flight patterns. You have to worry about the Sound Pressure Levels or SPL when they take off! I was at Falcon Dunes Golf course (Waddell) which is near the NW corner of LP. I measure a SPL of over 115 decibels.

Luke is the only downside in my eyes. I have not paid attention to the SPL in other parts of LP. I'm assuming the intensity of the jet noise will vary a great deal if you lived in the SW corner.

LP is basically a higher caliber Goodyear.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:02 PM

277 posts, read 276,422 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't you live past 19th? Is it because of distance to central phoenix or because the crime gets worse?

Thanks again for the help!
I’m from the east valley, we dont go to the west valley.

It’s a thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area