Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,937,252 times

Advertisements

What is he wanting to sue them for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 10:11 AM

25 posts, read 105,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
What is he wanting to sue them for?
Undisclosed defects and problems with the property. Friend bought the place pre-development and was promised certain things (incl. mitigation of the train traffic and noise) but after move-in found out he was lied to.

It's really a bad situation, lots of owners there are up in arms with the Summit's developer. Too bad.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:20 AM

942 posts, read 2,519,053 times
Thanks for sharing those pics. I think they show a side of PHX that most people haven't seen.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by military spouse View Post
Thanks for sharing those pics. I think they show a side of PHX that most people haven't seen.
I think there are many parts of Phoenix that even people who live here don't know about, mainly in the central part of the city.
When people think of Phoenix they think of endless tract housing surrounded by brown desert, and while that is a big part of what Phoenix is, it definitely doesn't tell the whole story.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:21 PM

549 posts, read 1,558,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
I think there are many parts of Phoenix that even people who live here don't know about, mainly in the central part of the city.
When people think of Phoenix they think of endless tract housing surrounded by brown desert, and while that is a big part of what Phoenix is, it definitely doesn't tell the whole story.
Yeah, I've often thought that's a weird thing about Phoenix. If you drive around the main streets, you get the impression of endless chain stores and similar looking trees. It's only when you go into the strip malls and find some cute little sushi joint hidden there, or into somewhere like Hyatt Gainey and realize there's an enormous garden with live jazz music that the public can also enjoy, or into the side streets off Central Avenue and see little neighborhoods with green lawns that you realize there's more. What people like about cities like Chicago is there - it's just more hidden and scattered.

Downtown is remarkable, though - a lot of those pictures of yours show things that didn't even exist a year ago. It's really starting to pick up - restaurants and stores moving into what looks increasingly like an actual urban environment. It's got a ways to go yet, but the fact that light rail and Cityscape and things are appearing is very exciting to us urbanites.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,718,276 times
Speaking of areas near Downtown, is Beulah's still around? I have some good memories of going there with friends for lunch. I haven't been there in a while but I remember the neighborhood was going through some changes. Has that area regentrified yet?

When I visit family, it's usually in Chandler or Mesa and they don't like to travel much, so I haven't been back to that area in a long while.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 PM

32 posts, read 149,044 times
What area of Phoenix was that second to last residential area picture taken in? That is exactly the kind of neighborhood I'm looking for. Thanks!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOLLO View Post
What area of Phoenix was that second to last residential area picture taken in? That is exactly the kind of neighborhood I'm looking for. Thanks!
That actual street is Portland St looking west from 3rd Avenue, but there are numerous streets in the downtown area with neighborhoods that looks like that, mainly between 7th Ave and 7th St and from Portland St to around Thomas Ave. This are generally the historic neighborhoods of Phoenix and the prices are not cheap.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:13 PM

338 posts, read 1,624,287 times
Very nice pictures. I work in downtown Phoenix but I would not want to live there. I lived in the historical district for 4 years and that was alright but I would not do it again.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:21 PM

12 posts, read 53,234 times
This is exactly the area where I want to live. I can't wait for my apartment hunting trip now. Thanks HX_Guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area