Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 08:25 AM

2,090 posts, read 3,787,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I heard on KTAR this morning that this February is officially setting up to be the coldest we have had in decades. By the end of the month we still average 6 degrees below average.

I'm over it! Would south Florida have been a better choice back in 2013 when I was considering it?

I was thinking the same,28 degrees here this morning! Naples FL is 78 right now with a high in the mid 80's. I know this isn't the normal for us but I still think winters here are still to cold,much better than the N'east but I'd like it warmer! I'm starting to think that snow birding in FL might be in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 09:37 AM

9,479 posts, read 12,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
If it's too cold for you leave. You've always said that no one has to stay in a place and be unhappy

I'm enjoying this, as we all know the BIG HEAT will be here soon enough.
I may just start my research in that direction. I know a lot of people in Florida and have nothing tying me to the SW at all other than my pool which I could find elsewhere!

Old 02-20-2019, 10:31 AM

7,302 posts, read 12,216,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I was thinking the same,28 degrees here this morning! Naples FL is 78 right now with a high in the mid 80's. I know this isn't the normal for us but I still think winters here are still to cold,much better than the N'east but I'd like it warmer! I'm starting to think that snow birding in FL might be in the future.
A cold winter probably won't change the mentality of snowbirds even though our average winter temperatures are more similar to Houston than Southern Florida. People are just more educated about Houston's climate which is why it has little to no snowbird appeal.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:47 PM

9,675 posts, read 11,039,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
A cold winter probably won't change the mentality of snowbirds even though our average winter temperatures are more similar to Houston than Southern Florida. People are just more educated about Houston's climate which is why it has little to no snowbird appeal.
One cool winter does not make a pattern. I predict when it is cool here, FL will be warmer than average and vice versa. But on AVERAGE, south FL is slightly warmer.
If one lousy winter equals people leaving in groves, then the entire midwest will be having a Mass Exodus! That won't be happening. all of us have very short memories .

Old 02-20-2019, 08:15 PM

256 posts, read 67,247 times
One cooler than usual winter isn't going to impact the steady stream of folks moving here from the Midwest, Northeast or California which has been going on for decades with no end in sight.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:27 PM

7,302 posts, read 12,216,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
One cool winter does not make a pattern. I predict when it is cool here, FL will be warmer than average and vice versa. But on AVERAGE, south FL is slightly warmer.
If one lousy winter equals people leaving in groves, then the entire midwest will be having a Mass Exodus! That won't be happening. all of us have very short memories .
Not slightly, but significantly warmer on average. In fact the average winter overnight low in Miami is similar to the average winter daytime high in Phoenix.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:35 PM

44,548 posts, read 61,249,428 times
A few days of cold weather here beats months of hot steamy sweaty 80-90 percent humidity in FL.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:47 PM

23,074 posts, read 28,799,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I heard on KTAR this morning that this February is officially setting up to be the coldest we have had in decades. By the end of the month we still average 6 degrees below average.

I'm over it! Would south Florida have been a better choice back in 2013 when I was considering it?
I'm a great temperature watcher, have been for years. Yes, there's been those Northern blasters, over the years, that have reached way down to Miami. One year, not that long ago, you could see snow flurries in Miami. And, when you're near the water it makes it even colder. Ever notice those wearing light jackets in Honolulu in the winter time?

Old 02-20-2019, 10:56 PM

480 posts, read 311,800 times
NM is colder than average as well. Today was 15-20º colder than average for this time of year.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:03 AM

38,964 posts, read 50,902,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
A few days of cold weather here beats months of hot steamy sweaty 80-90 percent humidity in FL.
Forget the humidity. It's the humanity. 21 million people in a state 1/2 the size of Arizona. No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area