Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 07:30 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,651,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
I agree with you. As the region's largest city with a population of a million-and-a-half, Phoenix certainly seems an appropriate location for an Apple store somewhere within its boundaries.
You’d think one by the PV mall would do well, although I’m rooting for downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 07:35 PM

2,789 posts, read 7,455,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
You’d think one by the PV mall would do well, although I’m rooting for downtown.
Biltmore seemed perfect. I'm surprised Apple didn't think they could make things work at both Biltmore and Fashion Square. Then again, Macerich, which owns both malls, sometimes acts like it's just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:13 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,346,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
PV Mall has been in decline for years. Most of the newer commercial development is in the area surrounding the mall rather than the mall itself. Much of the upscale stores have left to other more profitable malls. Macerich hasn't even posted the sales per square foot or occupancy numbers in years.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:27 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,651,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
PV Mall has been in decline for years. Most of the newer commercial development is in the area surrounding the mall rather than the mall itself. Much of the upscale stores have left to other more profitable malls. Macerich hasn't even posted the sales per square foot or occupancy numbers in years.
That's why I said by the PV mall. The mall itself is just sad.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:10 PM

2,789 posts, read 7,455,079 times
I had a little time to spare this afternoon and an errand to do, so I visited BFP for the first time since Christmas. It did seem less busy than usual. At the west end, not only is the Apple store space empty, but so is the space next door formerly occupied by Ann Taylor. At the east end, there are new restaurant tenants on the way: Breakfast Club, which already has restaurants in Old Town Scottsdale and Downtown Phoenix, and Meet Ball, a new restaurant from the folks behind Pomo Pizzeria featuring, you guessed it, meatballs. In the area that is now surface parking between BFP and the Embassy Suites hotel, there is a new multi-story Life Time fitness center under construction.

I also walked across the street via the tunnel under Camelback to see what was going on the Esplanade. That development has always had a problem retaining tenants, due to a lack of anchors and a design that makes its retail component largely invisible from the street. Nevertheless, some pretty intensive tenant improvements were underway for two new restaurants there. I didn't catch the names of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area