Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 10:49 AM

13 posts, read 39,108 times

Advertisements

Okay, I'm looking for a Master Planned Community for my family of 5 (three young kids). Basically, it doesn't have to be fancy, I simply want a home within what we called back home a "subdivision" which is anchored by a swim/ tennis club. That's apparently not the norm out west. Anyhow, we can spend up to 800K, but my husband is really hesitant to spend that in an area (Phoenix area) that doesn't have a really good underlying industry to support that kind of money being spent on a home (i.e., we don't want to end up holding the bag on a severly depreciating asset).

Here's what we want: "subdivision" with swim club/ community activities, lots of families, about 3000 sf, 4/2 +den, a home that does not need a lot of work (newer, or possibly remodeled/ updated), good schools. Also, we want to stay in the North/ NorthEast Valley for work purposes. Is it realistic to think we could get this for under 600K? I'm thinking Desert Ridge, because it's about the only MPC in Phoenix. I couldn't care less about the "scottsdale" address, I'm a down to earth person, but I also would be fine living in Scottsdale and think it gets a bad rap from malcontents.

Any advice? I'm completely open to suggestions. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 03:40 PM

84 posts, read 350,996 times
Hello,
My mom lives in Desert Ridge and really likes the area. And I do too. It's Paradise Valley School District, Phoenix taxes, and you are SO close to the 101. There is more traffic there b/c of all of the shopping and they are building another mall that way (City North?) or something like that.

I don't see that area losing it's value. I think b/c gas prices are going up so much, a lot of people will want to live close to the freeway and close to work. It's a really nice area!

I just did a quick search on realtor.com and there are several homes that are 4b 2b for under 600k. But I'm not sure about the square footage. If you click on the links it will tell you. The zip code is 85054.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area