Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 07:33 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,235,325 times

Advertisements

This particular customer is probably also traumatized by Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:41 AM

3,715 posts, read 2,447,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
It's too bad that your taste buds think that coffee is F-ing coffee. All kinds of variables matter. Like the age of the beans (degassing flavor), the caliber of roasting, the quality of the bean, wrong water temperature, dirty equipment, the size of the grind (acid is extracted when the grind is too small), etc etc.
I certainly respect those folks who are into coffee.

It is (IMO) a great pleasure in life.

But at Starbucks....how many customers who walk in or go through the drive-thru know what you are talking about?

And I'm not meaning to belittle your knowledge nor your comment.

Quote:
Like restaurants, the coffee shop atmosphere is part of the experience including the smell of the shop. But "He with the least amount of passions wins because they have more money in their pocket." Therefore because your taste buds suckk, you save $$'s. Lucky you!
True. The atmosphere is a BIG part of the experience. And the atmosphere of Starbucks SUCKS.

Fake "cozy atmosphere while in a concrete suburban synthetic parking lot.
Fake/sh*t drawings or paintings on the wall to pretend it's......aesthetic.
Occasional pseudo-coffee snobs who think they know the they are ordering.

It's a generic over-priced pile is crap.

I can afford it. I could drink SB coffee every day in the morning, afternoon and night.

But I choose not to waste my money.

To each their own.

Quote:
Disclaimer: My taste buds think that Starbucks is simply o.k. in comparison to other coffee shops.

Back on topic. The Tempe police Starbucks example is the new norm of police distrust. A small part of this distrust is justified (excessive use of force cause distrust and some police giving off an attitude). But the media has helped exaggerate this distrust. It's why not-so-smart people are feeling uncomfortable with some police having coffee at Starbucks.

The real conversation should be why a bunch of police are hanging out at a (donut) I mean coffee shop? Shouldn't they be working "to protect and serve"? It's not the best practice to have a bunch of police congregating in one location.
If someone "distrusts" cops coming in to order coffee how about a black man or men coming in to order a coffee as a customer?

Should a customer or people call the manager or employee and say "these black guys make me feel uneasy, can you ask them the leave?"

Old 07-09-2019, 08:13 AM

9,876 posts, read 11,270,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
But at Starbucks....how many customers who walk in or go through the drive-thru know what you are talking about?"
I don't know squat about the fine nuances of wine nor coffee nor beer. But I know what I like. I enjoy trying different brew houses, coffee houses and wineries. Some are meh while some are fantasist. Since you haven't been in Starbucks for 17 years, are you qualified to comment in 2019? If memory serves me, they have modified their brew a few years back because they were loosing market share.

That all said, with all of your critiques (many which are legit), they have managed to squeak out $22 BILLION in annual revenue. People are creatures of habit and many order their coffee the same way. So it seems people figured out something that worked for them and repeat it over and over. For me, I like variety. But when forced (airports for example), I've had a decent cup or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
If someone "distrusts" cops coming in to order coffee how about a black man or men coming in to order a coffee as a customer?

Should a customer or people call the manager or employee and say "these black guys make me feel uneasy, can you ask them the leave?"
Nope. The person should 1st examine why they are really unconformable (i.e. why are they irrational) followed by leaving the store if they could not figure out why they have emotional flaws.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:15 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,709,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
I wish some degassing would occur in our culture.

The current trend of expecting the majority to compromise their liberties because a very tiny minority feel “marginalized” is quite un-American. The faux outrage for synthetic “injustices” is getting boring.

Come November, 2020 I trust the Giant will be awakened again.
There are nearly 1 million LEOs in this country, not counting federal agents. Certainly a minority, but I don’t know that I’d go so far as to call them a “very tiny minority”. And regardless, why should that matter when it comes to discrimination?

Old 07-09-2019, 08:40 AM

3,715 posts, read 2,447,923 times
Quote:
I don't know squat about the fine nuances of wine nor coffee nor beer. But I know what I like. I enjoy trying different brew houses, coffee houses and wineries. Some are meh while some are fantasist. Since you haven't been in Starbucks for 17 years, are you qualified to comment in 2019? If memory serves me, they have modified their brew a few years back because they were loosing market share.

That all said, with all of your critiques (many which are legit), they have managed to squeak out $22 BILLION in annual revenue. People are creatures of habit and many order their coffee the same way. So it seems people figured out something that worked for them and repeat it over and over. For me, I like variety. But when forced (airports for example), I've had a decent cup or two.

Nope. The person should 1st examine why they are really unconformable (i.e. why are they irrational) followed by leaving the store if they could not figure out why they have emotional flaws.
I don't care about market share.

Mickey-D's has big market share - but it's still sh*te, IMO.

Yes, I agree, the person should examine why they are uncomfortable (your words) in a coffee shop and figure out why they have emotional flaws - towards cops.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:56 AM

586 posts, read 545,164 times
Quote:
It's too bad that your taste buds think that coffee is F-ing coffee. All kinds of variables matter. Like the age of the beans (degassing flavor), the caliber of roasting, the quality of the bean, wrong water temperature, dirty equipment, the size of the grind (acid is extracted when the grind is too small), etc etc.

Like restaurants, the coffee shop atmosphere is part of the experience including the smell of the shop. But "He with the least amount of passions wins because they have more money in their pocket." Therefore because your taste buds suckk, you save $$'s. Lucky you!

Disclaimer: My taste buds think that Starbucks is simply o.k. in comparison to other coffee shops.

Back on topic. The Tempe police Starbucks example is the new norm of police distrust. A small part of this distrust is justified (excessive use of force cause distrust and some police giving off an attitude). But the media has helped exaggerate this distrust. It's why not-so-smart people are feeling uncomfortable with some police having coffee at Starbucks.

The real conversation should be why a bunch of police are hanging out at a (donut) I mean coffee shop? Shouldn't they be working "to protect and serve"? It's not the best practice to have a bunch of police congregating in one location.
You want to restrict where Police Officers can gather when they aren't working?? OP clearly states they were there before their shift started.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:01 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,636,712 times
I have not read this entire thread. My first reaction to what happened is: I always feel safer when the police are present
in an establishment. Quite the opposite of this bozo. Also, they had just as much right to be in Starbucks as anyone. This
is so sad!

Old 07-09-2019, 09:03 AM

61,255 posts, read 87,634,197 times
If you are an Apple picker or shoulder surfer you will not feel comfortable with cops
Strange the cheering for diversity stops when someone not in our group walks in the room

Old 07-09-2019, 09:15 AM

10,608 posts, read 5,706,413 times
If this happened in California, the state legislature would respond by passing a law requiring Starbucks to post a trigger warning to all who enter that Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs) are inside. Either that or ban LEOs from entering.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:56 AM

9,876 posts, read 11,270,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
You want to restrict where Police Officers can gather when they aren't working?? OP clearly states they were there before their shift started.
If so, I stand corrected. All too often, police congregate (while their cars are running in the parking lot) while on their breaks. When that happens (think donut shop stereotype), it's not the best use of police resources.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 07-09-2019 at 10:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area