Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2019, 01:24 PM

175 posts, read 180,498 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I’m currently renting in the southern and greenfield area of Mesa. Well, I unfortunately had a tough turn out. First my bfs bike was stolen. Chain was cut. Then My car was stolen after we had just bought it and racked up thousands of dollars worth of damage. But thankfully we recovered it. (In freggin Tempe) Then someone slashed our tires. We see people hopping the apartments gate, and someone’s bike was stolen at the circle k. We literally saw the guy ride away with someone chasing him. IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. I’ve been to the Walmart up the street and the amount of meth heads is saddening. So many people on illegal drugs coming by. I’m so tired of it.

Our budged is 1500 max and then Utilities. We are open to renting a home or apartment. We are just having trouble as to where. I work in east Mesa, and my bc works in west Mesa. He’s on stapley. So anywhere in the middle is okay, but I feel those neighborhoods are bad? What would you guys recommend?

I liked Alta Mesa, so brown and Higley there was a nice apartment complex.

I used a couple of crime maps and I swear there were a ton of cars stolen from the cambria apartments area. So Guadalupe and cooper.

I’m at a loss. What neighborhoods would you all recommend? I’m open to traveling a bit if necessary. I just want to feel safe walking to my car, and if I forget to lock it for whatever reason. (Obviously I won’t leave my doors unlocked, but accidents happen). I don’t have the money for a high base security cameras. I want to be feel safe. Crime has no zip code, I completely understand. But some zip codes have more issues Han others haha I want the lesser ones, plleeeasse and thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 11:39 AM

So two more vehicles were stolen this week. Two were in the community behind my apartments. And then there was a drive by shooting this week also. Across the street from my apartments. Is there any recommendations of a nice neighborhood in Gilbert or Mesa that has apartments?

Old 07-31-2019, 03:53 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,998 times
Hi, sorry for your neighborhood crime problems. Hearing about that infuriates me. I hope more and more surveillance cameras are installed all over the place to help catch criminals...

I don't know squat about Mesa, so hopefully someone will post with info.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:11 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,052,538 times
I'll suggest looking south a bit. We live in Gilbert and frequent the San Tan Village area. We also take our dogs to nearby Discovery Park when the weather is decent, often after sunset. I've never felt unsafe in any of these areas. You can certainly find a 2br apartment within your budget in that area.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:56 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,613,847 times
I've been living in the Mesa Dr/Brown Rd area for about a year & a half. No problems in my complex. There is another one across the street, and what looks like a really nice one around the corner. What I usually see are fire trucks/EMT vehicles, there are two Sr citizen complexes in this block and a lot of seniors in my complex. The crime stats are misleading for this general area - they look bad on paper but are mainly in the business area Mesa/Brown and Mesa/McKellips. Residential areas seem OK and I see a lot of folks in the evenings biking, jogging and walking their dogs.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:01 AM

Thank you al!

I did just look in the San tan area and I was impressed with the stats compared to the other places I was looking. The closer to Mesa end of Gilbert had just as bad crime as Mesa did but this spot was much better. Will be looking at those apartments today.

The Alta Mesa spot was my other option and while it had less, just last week a car was stolen from that area too (it was mckellops and Higley) so I’m a bit iffy. It seems the car thief’s are on a rampage these last two months . Ugh?

Old 08-01-2019, 08:13 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,052,538 times
I hope whatever you decide is an improvement. I can relate a little bit to your dilemma. Long ago when I got my first full-time job I landed in a part of Portland that was not great. My car was broken into the first weekend, and then again on the second weekend. Being able to spot a trend, I moved as quickly as I could to improve my situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area