Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 02:01 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times

Advertisements

Boeing has some data warehouse buildings around the country, this could be one of them. If there are a lot doors for trucks to back up to then it's most likely a physical warehouse but if there are only a couple of truck doors on a block-long building it's most likely a virtual warehouse for data.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 03:14 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,219,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Boeing has some data warehouse buildings around the country, this could be one of them. If there are a lot doors for trucks to back up to then it's most likely a physical warehouse but if there are only a couple of truck doors on a block-long building it's most likely a virtual warehouse for data.
It's a huge warehouse with tons of truck bays. Definitely something do do with the supply chain.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:28 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
It's a Boeing Global Services facility. Global Services is a business unit they created a couple years ago to provide parts and services to airline, government, and aerospace interests. In other words, another warehouse. Speaking of Boeing, United Airlines is in the process of moving their grounded 737MAX9 planes to Goodyear airport from mostly Houston and LA cuz the weather is better here.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:29 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,807,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
It's a huge warehouse with tons of truck bays. Definitely something do do with the supply chain.
I just looked at Boeing’s website and no jobs listed for this west valley facility. They all say Mesa. Granted I don’t know if this is in Glendale or like Buckeye, Litchfield but I know for sure it’s not Mesa. Given Indian School and 303 is no where near Mesa, they should be listing jobs with a different city for the location. Commuting from East Valley to this would be... rough.

Maybe this facility is already up and running though, and hired a long time ago. Again I feel like the construction of the warehouse alone would have garnered attention.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:38 PM

381 posts, read 344,398 times
I believe this is actually in Goodyear. I saw 1 job listed online (maybe they already hired or shifted a lot of employees). Being near Goodyear Airport, and secondarily freeways and rail may account for the location in addition to the general distribution center growth in that area.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I just looked at Boeing’s website and no jobs listed for this west valley facility. They all say Mesa. Granted I don’t know if this is in Glendale or like Buckeye, Litchfield but I know for sure it’s not Mesa. Given Indian School and 303 is no where near Mesa, they should be listing jobs with a different city for the location. Commuting from East Valley to this would be... rough.

Maybe this facility is already up and running though, and hired a long time ago. Again I feel like the construction of the warehouse alone would have garnered attention.
It wasn't built for Boeing, it was an existing empty warehouse that they acquired. It was empty for a long time before the Boeing name went on the front of it. I'll try and remember to take a picture as I drive by it everyday on my way to work.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:56 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
There was mention made of this building in the mailer that Goodyear sent out to residents recently. They refer to it as "XPO Logistics for Boeing". So it is not even a Boeing facility. XPO is a huge international logistics company with about 100,000 employees. They have other facilities in the Phoenix metro area. Presumably this one is committed to serving Boeing.

There are a number of warehouse type jobs for XPO in Goodyear online.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:42 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
That sure sounds like a warehouse. Are there a lot of trucks at those doors or on the lot?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:08 PM

Here is the Goodyear Boeing Warehouse. Sorry for the poor picture quality but I was driving on the freeway with one hand and taking a picture with the other.

Last edited by LBTRS; 09-21-2019 at 05:18 PM..

Old 09-21-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There was mention made of this building in the mailer that Goodyear sent out to residents recently. They refer to it as "XPO Logistics for Boeing". So it is not even a Boeing facility. XPO is a huge international logistics company with about 100,000 employees. They have other facilities in the Phoenix metro area. Presumably this one is committed to serving Boeing.

There are a number of warehouse type jobs for XPO in Goodyear online.
I highly doubt Boeing would allow another company to put its name on the building if it simply serviced that company. The building has to be part of Boeing if its name is on the building I would think?

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/q...ng-1346248256/

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area