Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 06:44 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times

Advertisements

That's what the city brochure said. It is called XPO for Boeing. The facility is operated by XPO for Boeing Global Services.

https://www.facebook.com/goodyearazg...1655246212933/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 06:56 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That's what the city brochure said. It is called XPO for Boeing. The facility is operated by XPO for Boeing Global Services.

https://www.facebook.com/goodyearazg...1655246212933/
Interesting.

Old 09-21-2019, 07:01 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Interesting.
The only thing being piloted around there is a forklift. The jobs are OK, I guess but most of them don't pay enough to rent an apartment around here. I don't know how people manage anymore.

Old 09-21-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
The only thing being piloted around there is a forklift. The jobs are OK, I guess but most of them don't pay enough to rent an apartment around here. I don't know how people manage anymore.
Lol, I hear you on that. People used to be able to live like they were wealthy that have our household income. Now I'm just a middle class suburban dweller. I don't know how people make it on what most jobs pay these days.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:24 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,811,816 times
Quote:
Lol, I hear you on that. People used to be able to live like they were wealthy that have our household income. Now I'm just a middle class suburban dweller. I don't know how people make it on what most jobs pay these days.
Roommates, and giving up luxuries like vacations, pets, going out on weekends, etc.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Roommates, and giving up luxuries like vacations, pets, going out on weekends, etc.
Seems like the people I know are still doing all that. I always wonder how they are doing it all.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:11 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,811,816 times
Quote:
Seems like the people I know are still doing all that. I always wonder how they are doing it all.
Some people I know are doing part-time work on the side for the weekends and when they are off the clock at the full time job. Many of my colleagues do that.

It's definitely tough these days, something has to change. Boeing pays pretty well, so I was a little bummed to hear this was ran by a logistics company that probably pays less than Boeing. But if Boeing is definitely running it and has Boeing salaries, then that's a good thing.

Phoenix isn't known for having the high-income salaries of other cities. We are more affordable than those cities sure, but not affordable enough for jobs that pay around here. Ideally the system would be a San Francisco pay and a Phoenix affordability, considering the median housing price these days. Once upon a time, things were like that.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:24 AM

268 posts, read 216,344 times
Quote:
I wonder myself, but roommates later in life seem to be the norm in most major cities.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:27 AM

268 posts, read 216,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Some people I know are doing part-time work on the side for the weekends and when they are off the clock at the full time job. Many of my colleagues do that.

It's definitely tough these days, something has to change. Boeing pays pretty well, so I was a little bummed to hear this was ran by a logistics company that probably pays less than Boeing. But if Boeing is definitely running it and has Boeing salaries, then that's a good thing.

Phoenix isn't known for having the high-income salaries of other cities. We are more affordable than those cities sure, but not affordable enough for jobs that pay around here. Ideally the system would be a San Francisco pay and a Phoenix affordability, considering the median housing price these days. Once upon a time, things were like that.
Nothing is changing anytime soon...heavy influenced capitalism has its consequences, unfortunately. Im comfortable and can work and manage for myself, with that being said I'm still looking for the more affordable cities as I get older to live so I can maybe spend time in cheaper country abroad in my full retirement age range
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area