U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-29-2019, 04:29 PM
 
264 posts, read 246,375 times
Reputation: 281

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
The parking garage being on 2nd st. is a huge plus. In the mornings you can come in from 3rd st. and afternoons just take a rt. on Indian school and get the f outta dodge lol. Indian school eastbound isn't bad in the afternoons but westbound is a freaking nightmare. All in all as I said I really don't think this commute will be a soul crusher. You may decide you want to move closer and there are several very nice options very close to your job, but I don't think you need to rush or take a loss on your current place just to avoid this commute.
Yeah - it sounds like parking in the garage is costly and the employer pays for public transportation but not parking, so I'll just have to wait and see how that all works out. Someone suggested Park & Ride at 38th and Washington, but I don't know if that's any better. I currently live at roughly McDowell and Hayden, so the McClintock/Apache park & ride is just a straight shot down Hayden (McClintock) and would probably be the logical choice if I wanted to take the rail, but it sounds like driving won't be so bad.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-29-2019, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Uptown Phoenix, AZ
5,412 posts, read 4,971,750 times
Reputation: 5188
So I wanted to apologize from earlier. I used to work in the 4041 building (IRS used to be over there I swear, maybe they moved?), not 4000. I currently work in the 3800 building right next door. Parking here is pretty bad, but I think they all share the same ownership (3800, 3838, and 4000). I park in the garage next to my building on the days I do drive, but I have a special pass that’s paid by my department. For my building I really recommend seeing if you can get a parking pass for the garage by 2nd Ave and Weldon, or the open surface lots next door if they’ll let you. But if it’s a high expense I recommend taking the light rail. Despite 38th street and Washington park and ride being a father drive, overall you’ll spend less time commuting.

You can also drive to park by Central and Camelback (or 7th ave and camelback) and take the light rail down from there. That may seem silly but it may be the shortest commute in regards to time than you think. Parking there is free as long as you are light railing about.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2019, 06:05 PM
 
264 posts, read 246,375 times
Reputation: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
So I wanted to apologize from earlier. I used to work in the 4041 building (IRS used to be over there I swear, maybe they moved?), not 4000. I currently work in the 3800 building right next door. Parking here is pretty bad, but I think they all share the same ownership (3800, 3838, and 4000). I park in the garage next to my building on the days I do drive, but I have a special pass that’s paid by my department. For my building I really recommend seeing if you can get a parking pass for the garage by 2nd Ave and Weldon, or the open surface lots next door if they’ll let you. But if it’s a high expense I recommend taking the light rail. Despite 38th street and Washington park and ride being a father drive, overall you’ll spend less time commuting.

You can also drive to park by Central and Camelback (or 7th ave and camelback) and take the light rail down from there. That may seem silly but it may be the shortest commute in regards to time than you think. Parking there is free as long as you are light railing about.


The IRS building is at 4041. The parking structure for 4041 seems to be right off 2nd St rather than Central.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2019, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Uptown Phoenix, AZ
5,412 posts, read 4,971,750 times
Reputation: 5188
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeej View Post
The IRS building is at 4041. The parking structure for 4041 seems to be right off 2nd St rather than Central.
4000 is across central avenue. 4041 isn’t the same high rise/complex as 4000. Odds are on the west side of the street, evens are the east side of the street. These aren’t the same buildings and the parking is extremely different both, which is why I’m asking for clarification.

Anyway if you mean 4041, then I’ve never had problems parking there. I believe they just added two floors to their parking garage also.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2019, 09:54 AM
 
3,591 posts, read 8,148,147 times
Reputation: 4566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
4000 is across central avenue. 4041 isn’t the same high rise/complex as 4000. Odds are on the west side of the street, evens are the east side of the street. These aren’t the same buildings and the parking is extremely different both, which is why I’m asking for clarification.

Anyway if you mean 4041, then I’ve never had problems parking there. I believe they just added two floors to their parking garage also.
My wife works in the building. It's 4041 and despite the fact they added two floors to the parking garage the IRS doesn't have parking passes. Even the IRS managers park on the street below to save money. But the IRS will give out a free light rail pass.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2019, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Uptown Phoenix, AZ
5,412 posts, read 4,971,750 times
Reputation: 5188
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
My wife works in the building. It's 4041 and despite the fact they added two floors to the parking garage the IRS doesn't have parking passes. Even the IRS managers park on the street below to save money. But the IRS will give out a free light rail pass.

That's intriguing. I used to work for the public health department a couple years ago and I got a parking pass for the garage. I'm kind of surprised they don't allow the IRS to park there, especially since they just expanded the garage. I believe the public health department uses a good amount of the floors in the building and trust me (a minimum of 4 of the floors), they don't use most of that parking garage.


Anywho, OP I do recommend the light rail then if they won't let you park. The open lots across the street are also pretty expensive (they are run by my high rise's management). If you want to reduce your commute time I recommend doing park and ride at 38th street and Washington, but if you are more interested in convenience then you can use the McClintock or Dorsey park and rides. I find from my experience it's easier to park at Dorsey, mostly because the left turn light cycles to get onto Apache are extremely short and you might get stuck waiting through a couple of cycles. Both park and rides you can get pretty good parking spots.


But in the future I would recommend living as close to your office as possible on the light rail or the bus routes (41 bus for Indian School and 0 for Central) when you get an opportunity to move.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2019, 12:05 PM
 
3,591 posts, read 8,148,147 times
Reputation: 4566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
That's intriguing. I used to work for the public health department a couple years ago and I got a parking pass for the garage. I'm kind of surprised they don't allow the IRS to park there, especially since they just expanded the garage.
Oh they can park there...but pay the full daily rate or purchase a monthly pass.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2019, 01:57 PM
 
4 posts, read 1,576 times
Reputation: 25
Default Possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeej View Post
Price isn't really an issue, I am paying 1600 here in Hawaii
I would just need my scottsdale place to sell and so far if hasn't. What are some of the nice complexes?
The Stewart just opened. It's only a few light-rail stops away, and it's across the street from a Farmer's Market, near most of the fun downtown places.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvajslF8oas

Circa just opened, and it's a pretty nice complex (it has a bike storage place, a good workout room, a nice pool, and seems fun).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2021, 08:46 AM
 
264 posts, read 246,375 times
Reputation: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
If price is really no issue I would recommend either https://cityscaperesidences.com/ or 44 Monroe. Both are VERY nice and VERY convenient.
I find myself moving back to Phoenix, it looks like both these places are up to abobut $2300/mo for a 1BR, price is now an issue.

How unfortunate.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2021, 07:47 PM
 
Location: East Central Phoenix
7,015 posts, read 10,260,299 times
Reputation: 8362
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeej View Post
I find myself moving back to Phoenix, it looks like both these places are up to abobut $2300/mo for a 1BR, price is now an issue.

How unfortunate.
Seriously, forget about renting an apartment. There are small condo units for sale north of downtown starting at less than $200K. A good share of them are highrise condos along Central Avenue. You'd be saving yourself a number of headaches by owning vs. renting, and you can take the light rail to work & avoid the hassles of driving/parking.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top