Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 02:00 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,195,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
You assume the op cares about golf. Plus, Trilogy is has a lot more area to develop. That also means there are younger blood coming into the community.

To the eye, Sun City Grand is in Surprise which is as flat as a board. Trilogy in Vistancia is much more appealing to my eye. I live in Marley Park inside of Surprise, so I am not throwing stones. But I would never re-buy in Surprise (for me; specifically for the F-35 noise).

SCG has a lot more infrastructure around it. No question about it. My wife's biggest beef is that Trilogy is 15 farther away from important things like the airport. As I alluded to earlier, my biggest beef is that in Sun City Grand, you have 30x more jet noise than Trilogy. Both total flyovers and especially sound pressure levels. Trilogy has the perfect amount of "the sound of freedom" (jet noise).

It's not a slam dunk "no comparison" between the two. Rather several trade-offs exist. It's why people who research both will pick one over the other and accept their compromises.
The aircraft is one of the reasons I love Surprise. That comes from growing up near a Navy Air base. My parents have lived there since 2003 and couldn't be more happier. Not living with the oldsters, but in a single family home in the city of Surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 04:09 PM

9,673 posts, read 11,030,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
The aircraft is one of the reasons I love Surprise. That comes from growing up near a Navy Air base. My parents have lived there since 2003 and couldn't be more happier. Not living with the oldsters, but in a single family home in the city of Surprise.
I love cars. But I don't want to back up to a busy road. That said, I do enjoy watching the F-35's overhead.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:27 PM

6 posts, read 16,072 times
Quote:
You assume the op cares about golf. Plus, Trilogy is has a lot more area to develop. That also means there are younger blood coming into the community.
I would not say a LOT more area to develop. Shea recently (August) opened C48 section which probably has 150-200 home sites and will open C49 at some point in the future. As I understand it, C49 is the last section left for development in Trilogy at Vistancia. You are absolutely correct in that the new sections are younger. We bought in C48 in September and everyone we've met that purchased in C48 are 60 or under, as are my wife and I.

Good luck in your search to the original poster.

Old 11-05-2019, 04:37 AM

9,673 posts, read 11,030,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrich View Post
I would not say a LOT more area to develop. Shea recently (August) opened C48 section which probably has 150-200 home sites and will open C49 at some point in the future. As I understand it, C49 is the last section left for development in Trilogy at Vistancia. You are absolutely correct in that the new sections are younger. We bought in C48 in September and everyone we've met that purchased in C48 are 60 or under, as are my wife and I.

Good luck in your search to the original poster.
I was told the same thing. "Just a couple more sections to go". It's the sense of urgency sale (see https://www.searchenginejournal.com/.../249643/#close )According to a couple of the insiders that I spoke with, this has been going on for a while. Based off of what I was told in the office, I expect more sections to be opened in the coming years as they have more land to go.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:47 AM

6 posts, read 16,072 times
Quote:
I was told the same thing. "Just a couple more sections to go". It's the sense of urgency sale (see https://www.searchenginejournal.com/.../249643/#close )According to a couple of the insiders that I spoke with, this has been going on for a while. Based off of what I was told in the office, I expect more sections to be opened in the coming years as they have more land to go.

The undeveloped land immediately adjacent to the 2 new sections I referenced (C49 and C48) is State Trust land and I would think unlikely to be developed by Shea or anyone. There is property to the south of that and adjacent to Trilogy that is privately owned and probably will be developed by someone - perhaps Shea - at some point. I'm unaware of such plans, but I don't know anyone that would qualify as an "insider"

BTW, I enjoy your posts/perspective on the area, so keep them up.

Thanks

Old 01-13-2020, 10:09 PM

43 posts, read 29,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenlyretiring View Post
My husband and I are 59 and 57. We are considering Sun City Grand or Trilogy at Vistancia. We like them equally as well, but of course the monthly fees and home prices in Sun City Grand are less than Trilogy.
My husband seems to think there would be more people our age at Trilogy and being newer we would have more opportunity to make friends. I like the prices of Sun City Grand but worry that we would not meet people our age. I will admit I am struggling with the 55+ concept.
We just bought at SC Grand and were your age. Hope you made the right decision.

Old 01-21-2020, 09:51 PM

43 posts, read 29,141 times
Quote:
Yes. ABSOLUTELY. In fact, we studied Verrado (Buckeye as well. Their 55+ is called Victory. While not as bad, a flight pattern goes right over the golf course. Their golf attendant told me that they fly over a lot.

The bottom line is Vistancia will dodge almost all of the noise (1/10th of Grand or PebbleCreek). That all said, expect every-single person you meet to say "gee, we don't even notice it". Or, "we love the sound of freedom". It's frigging obvious.
I grew up at Andrews AFB as a kid. We’re moving to SCG and I don’t think we’ll notice the jets but occasionally. BTW, we’re mid and young 60’s if you’re around. Maybe 2-4 years from retirement.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:29 PM

9 posts, read 20,274 times
Hmmmm.......after shifting gears from looking at Green Valley to thinking seriously about Sun City, I see the noise from Luke conversation. But, there is no mention if the noise is comparable in Sun City Proper (say, near the area of 99th Ave and Bell Rd.)? On a map, it doesn't look far enough away from SCG to make much difference, but could I be wrong?

Old 01-13-2021, 09:20 PM

364 posts, read 611,789 times
House prices have EXPLODED in Grand over the last 12 months. Just saying.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:21 PM

364 posts, read 611,789 times
As for the jets...Yes, you hear them from Grand. They fly over pretty much every day all day and some nights. Either it drives you crazy or you get use to it. Really up to you and your tolerances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area