Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite burger
In and Out 24 42.86%
Smash Burger 3 5.36%
Whataburger 6 10.71%
5 Guys 5 8.93%
Other 18 32.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 10:57 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,130,514 times

Advertisements

I'd like to know what native Phoenix people think of my Whataburger( aka waterburger ). As Texan transplant I love it, so I'm bias.

Is it better than In and Out? Smashburger? 5 guys? Whats y'alls thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 11:30 AM

26,238 posts, read 49,123,150 times
My fave is the Millionaire Burger at V's Taproom up here in Vistancia. It's open to the public, located with our golf course pro shop just before the gated entrance. General location is 2 miles west of the 303 Loop / Happy Valley Pkwy - which becomes Vistancia Blvd.

In-N-Out is good, so is Smashburger.

FWIW: I've had the "Impossible Whopper" twice now and found it very good.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:33 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,913,727 times
Harvey's wineburger on 16th st. is my favorite here. It's a dive bar so being able to drink bourbon while I dine is a huge plus lol.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:34 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,913,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
My fave is the Millionaire Burger at V's Taproom up here in Vistancia. It's open to the public, located with our golf course pro shop just before the gated entrance. General location is 2 miles west of the 303 Loop / Happy Valley Pkwy - which becomes Vistancia Blvd.

In-N-Out is good, so is Smashburger.

FWIW: I've had the "Impossible Whopper" twice now and found it very good.
Check out the ingredients of the impossible burger and you'll realize it's worse for you than a real burger. Nothing but chemicals and hydrogenated oils.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:00 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,163,119 times
Your selections are good for quick hits, i.e. fast food...I'll vote for CB&CB or Rehab Burger.

Whataburger - Never liked it
Smashburger - meh
In n Out - consistent quality but nothing to crow about. Get to the place before 11:15
5 Guys - Decent burger...nothing I would go out of my way for.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:50 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,130,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
Check out the ingredients of the impossible burger and you'll realize it's worse for you than a real burger. Nothing but chemicals and hydrogenated oils.
Sounds all types of bad.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:06 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,669,979 times
There is only one answer here. In 'N Out. All the rest are overpriced and/or under-par. Whattaburger was an enormous disappointment. Five Guys is good but way too much. Smashburger is meh.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:31 PM

9,808 posts, read 11,200,038 times
I'm a fan of Freddy's Steak Burgers. Like any burger, it goes up by a letter grade with bacon. If you want to ruin a burger, use a dry bun. Mayo always takes it to another level too. That all said, Red Robin does a decent job too.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:56 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,974,660 times
Diablo Burger is pretty good. It's lean burgers that you have to get medium rare and the buns are english muffins.

There's one in Tucson and Flagstaff. There's one allegedly opening in Phoenix soon.

Zinburger is, or was, pretty good as well and is a similar concept

As for your choices,

Smashburger: meh and the quality varies from visit to visit
5Guys: too greasy
Innout: consistently good not great. I really like the spread on the fries.
What-a-Burger: kinda overrated but not bad. I don't go out of my way for it

If you're looking for a cheap fast food esque burger in Phoenix, Lucky Boy on Osborn and 16th St. is good and family owned.

Old 09-20-2019, 02:19 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,751,623 times
My only contact with fast food is when traveling or for (rare) occasional carry-out and that colors my choices. I love In-N-Out and always stop there in Thousand Palms on the way to the beach. The nearest one in Phoenix is a bit too far from home to be practical, no idea if easy access at home would lessen the attraction. The places close to me include Five Guys, Habit Burger and Whataburger, all of which I like. No Smashburger nearby so no opinion.

I tried an Impossible Whopper on a recent road trip and liked it. Its appeal is more of a save-the-planet thing than a health thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area