Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 04:04 PM

81 posts, read 74,062 times

Advertisements

Here is mine. I found Big Super Living in Arizona on YouTube. So different and original. So fun! What other ones am I missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 04:27 PM

81 posts, read 74,062 times
Since I’ve gotten no responses I thought I would explain a little about why I liked this vlog. To give context, I don’t know this man at all I promise! But I’m hooked on his videos.
1. He actually visits houses. There’s something humble about actually giving your audience what they want. As a real estate enthusiast, I want to see live locations most of all and properties secondly. Most Phoenix real estate blogs and vlogs take a more arrogantly “you want to hear me talk” approach where they give you boring obvious general information “oooh how many months supply” and then self serving advice “so sell now not priced too high..” boring. People who want to watch real estate videos or read blogs want to see locations. He spends shoe leather.
2. I love that he visits properties across different price spectra. The median single family home sales price in Phoenix metro is something like $250k but everyone on YouTube ignores the under $250k half because it’s less exciting. People start to get the impression “you can’t get anything under $280.” Well you can.

So what kinds of Phoenix real estate blogs or vlogs do you like? I just like finding new things. I don’t work in real estate or any ancillary industries it’s just a intellectual interest of mine.
Katie

Old 11-06-2019, 06:02 PM

2,154 posts, read 5,180,503 times
I host a traditional blog. [mod cut - link removed].

It is real estate based, but also includes articles about Arizona, Scottsdale and Current Events. I think you will find it quite entertaining.

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 11-07-2019 at 05:13 AM..

Old 11-06-2019, 08:33 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,278,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate2345 View Post
Since I’ve gotten no responses I thought I would explain a little about why I liked this vlog. To give context, I don’t know this man at all I promise! But I’m hooked on his videos.
1. He actually visits houses. There’s something humble about actually giving your audience what they want. As a real estate enthusiast, I want to see live locations most of all and properties secondly. Most Phoenix real estate blogs and vlogs take a more arrogantly “you want to hear me talk” approach where they give you boring obvious general information “oooh how many months supply” and then self serving advice “so sell now not priced too high..” boring. People who want to watch real estate videos or read blogs want to see locations. He spends shoe leather.
2. I love that he visits properties across different price spectra. The median single family home sales price in Phoenix metro is something like $250k but everyone on YouTube ignores the under $250k half because it’s less exciting. People start to get the impression “you can’t get anything under $280.” Well you can.

So what kinds of Phoenix real estate blogs or vlogs do you like? I just like finding new things. I don’t work in real estate or any ancillary industries it’s just a intellectual interest of mine.
Katie
I took the bait and watched his video on Verrado. It was actually quite entertaining....I'd recommend this as well.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:56 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,976,723 times
I just read the Superior Court Docket.

Old 11-07-2019, 03:56 AM

9,760 posts, read 11,176,921 times
During the crash, too many other agents were professing "it's a GREAT time to buy" What they were really saying was: "help me, I'm drowning". John Wake was telling like it is. John's an economist and runs this blog https://arizonarealestatenotebook.com . Generally speaking, he uses the Cromford report and Arizona's MLS.

Like too many agents, John wants to cover the entire Phoenix metro area. At least he use to. In my mind, that's a flag for the consumer. YMMV. But I enjoyed his analysis and check in now and then.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
During the crash, too many other agents were professing "it's a GREAT time to buy" What they were really saying was: "help me, I'm drowning". John Wake was telling like it is. John's an economist and runs this blog https://arizonarealestatenotebook.com . Generally speaking, he uses the Cromford report and Arizona's MLS.

Like too many agents, John wants to cover the entire Phoenix metro area. At least he use to. In my mind, that's a flag for the consumer. YMMV. But I enjoyed his analysis and check in now and then.
You keep mentioning this. I would agree for a sellers agent, they will find more success and be more knowledgeable if they stick to a specific area. If an agent is selling someone's home, they should know the area well.

Now, a buyer's agent (like myself) - well, it's a little more difficult to be focused on only one area. A lot of my clients don't really know where they want to live. A recent client of mine was interested in Estrella, Verrado, and Eastmark. Am I supposed to be an expert in all of those communities, or pass them off to another realtor? That's absurd. Any decent agent will do their research and become as well-versed as they can on the area at the time.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:11 AM

9,760 posts, read 11,176,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Now, a buyer's agent (like myself) - well, it's a little more difficult to be focused on only one area. A lot of my clients don't really know where they want to live. A recent client of mine was interested in Estrella, Verrado, and Eastmark. Am I supposed to be an expert in all of those communities, or pass them off to another realtor? That's absurd. Any decent agent will do their research and become as well-versed as they can on the area at the time.
When I bought here in AZ, I was looking everywhere without an agent 1st. I narrowed the towns down to Gilbert, Surprise and Goodyear. I had a dedicated agent for Gilbert area and another for the Surprise/Goodyear. No chance I would use the same for both. I don't expect you to pass them off if you are not busy. It's absurd for your pocket book. If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't either (I'm a capitalist).

I'm talking about what is best for the consumer. And I mentioned a few times now for novice buyers on a relocation website. If you are not an expert in those communities as you mentioned that you weren't, then I propose your clients would be better served by an expert in each part of town. You may not like that answer, but it's true. From an ROI perspective, it might be bad math to drive all over town to find out they decide to buy in Austin. I digress...

As you know, a lot of agents focus on very specific areas. They become experts in the area and are incredibly networked. They know about homes that might come up, the trade-offs, the builders (strengths and weaknesses) and even the history of the owners/homes. I've bought and sold a couple dozen properties. In each case, I figured out who the players were and engaged with them. I won't use their underlings. I won't sign exclusivity agreements either.

I tried to make it a sentence for you because I might have lost you. But that's as short as I can make it.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:21 AM

13,801 posts, read 8,032,288 times
I too have find John Wake to have one of the best web sites for Phx metro RE information.

The buyer agent I used in 2010 only worked in Gilbert and Chandler.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post

I'm talking about what is best for the consumer. And I mentioned a few times now for novice buyers on a relocation website. If you are not an expert in those communities as you mentioned that you weren't, then I propose your clients would be better served by an expert in each part of town. You may not like that answer, but it's true. From an ROI perspective, it might be bad math to drive all over town to find out they decide to buy in Austin. I digress...

As you know, a lot of agents focus on very specific areas. They become experts in the area and are incredibly networked. They know about homes that might come up, the trade-offs, the builders (strengths and weaknesses) and even the history of the owners/homes. I've bought and sold a couple dozen properties. In each case, I figured out who the players were and engaged with them. I won't use their underlings. I won't sign exclusivity agreements either.

I tried to make it a sentence for you because I might have lost you. But that's as short as I can make it.
I would agree with just about everything. I live in Moon Valley. I know this area like the back of my hand. So of course it would benefit my client looking in this area to have me representing them.

However, in 2019, most consumers are doing their own research. They know what they are looking for, and rely on me to find it, set up a showing, negotiate, and complete the paperwork. I don't need to live and be an expert in any one area to accomplish this and make the consumer happy.

Also, to your point: "They know about homes that might come up, the trade-offs, the builders (strengths and weaknesses) and even the history of the owners/homes." All of this can be accomplished with above average research skills.

Lastly, I know you only engage with "the players" and don't bother with the peasants, but not everyone has that mindset. My clients are almost all referrals because I treat them like family. It's not a numbers game for me. So I may never be a big dog in one specific area, but I know I will continue to keep getting referrals based on the level of service I provide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area