Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 07:55 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,154,565 times

Advertisements

When the rental market drops (it's cyclical and the only question is when), I wonder how many people who said "my rent went up and the landlord didn't improve a thing" will feel guilty when the pricing drops and the landlord is losing revenue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2020, 08:00 AM

717 posts, read 1,057,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Then your problem is solved.

Oh, sorry! You didn't hear what you wanted to hear? How about, "You're right! The world is screwing you! Social justice is not being served! Banksters and Republicans and the Illuminati are out to get us! We should protest and #resist and #occupy! Wages should be high, and prices low, and everyone should get 4000 square feet and an SUV! Oh, and hey, the sun is too bright, can we do something about that too?"

Moaning and complaining about "The rent is too damn high!" will definitely accomplish something! Go get 'em, tiger!
You seem like you don’t have much interest in having a meaningful or thoughtful discussion about the topic at hand, so I question why you’re even bothering to respond. His concerns about heavy rent increases are valid and are echoed by thousands of residents all across the valley. There have been plenty of recent articles written citing experts who say that Phoenix rents are now unaffordable and grossly out of line with area salaries, which is putting undue pressure even on middle class renters and homebuyers.

The other piece of this thats worth noting is that when people are spending a disproportionate amount of their salary on housing, they aren’t spending as much in other areas. That ultimately hurts everyone in the long run and creates an unsustainable situation for the general economy.

Last edited by Maroon197; 02-03-2020 at 08:09 AM..

Old 02-03-2020, 08:22 AM

13,689 posts, read 7,976,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon197 View Post
You seem like you don’t have much interest in having a meaningful or thoughtful discussion about the topic at hand, so I question why you’re even bothering to respond. His concerns about heavy rent increases are valid and are echoed by thousands of residents all across the valley. There have been plenty of recent articles written citing experts who say that Phoenix rents are now unaffordable and grossly out of line with area salaries, which is putting undue pressure even on middle class renters and homebuyers.

The other piece of this thats worth noting is that when people are spending a disproportionate amount of their salary on housing, they aren’t spending as much in other areas. That ultimately hurts everyone in the long run and creates an unsustainable situation for the general economy.

Unfortunately, the secret has gotten out: The Phx metro isn't the racist, homophobic, xenophobic place many imagined.

Yeah, we've got five months of intense heat and yes the traffic is getting worse and yes there are bland cookie cutter neighborhoods.

But.. if you're an individual, family or company in Cal for example needs to escape the ever increasing costs the Phx metro is a prime location.

I don't think people and companies will stop moving here anytime soon.

In fact the numbers will only increase.

Last edited by john3232; 02-03-2020 at 09:46 AM..

Old 02-03-2020, 02:45 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,660,742 times
Quote:

Don't worry, moaning on the Internet is sure to fix everything! If only I would fall into line and weep and wail with you, we could start to make some real progress!

If the oven is too hot, you can get out of the kitchen or stand there complaining. Your choice.

Old 02-03-2020, 04:05 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,480,576 times
Jnojr seems like a very charming individual. -_-

Old 02-03-2020, 04:37 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Unfortunately, the secret has gotten out: The Phx metro isn't the racist, homophobic, xenophobic place many imagined.

Yeah, we've got five months of intense heat and yes the traffic is getting worse and yes there are bland cookie cutter neighborhoods.

But.. if you're an individual, family or company in Cal for example needs to escape the ever increasing costs the Phx metro is a prime location.

I don't think people and companies will stop moving here anytime soon.

In fact the numbers will only increase.

Now you've done. You are now personally responsible for 10,000 new arrivals.

Old 02-03-2020, 05:15 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Now you've done. You are now personally responsible for 10,000 new arrivals.
its actually up to 11000 since you posted that...

Old 02-03-2020, 05:43 PM

13,689 posts, read 7,976,787 times
(In Gilbert - last Sept.)

Me: My property is maybe 10 min. from the 60 freeway.

Brother: Not bad.. How big is this house?

Me: 2100 with 4 bed 2 bath.

Brother: I'm surprised the area is so green.

Me: Yeah, there's an HOA yearly fee of 600 which maintains the area.

Brother: What will half a million get me? (Brother bought house in LA 25 years ago. Now worth 2 million. 1200 sq ft. 3/2 bed/bath excellent location.)

Me: It'll get you a dream house.

Brother: Yeah, this place isn't too bad. Not bad at all.

Me: Gilbert is one of the desirable smaller cities in the U.S. The area is booming.

Brother: Yeah, I could see living here. And a pool? Gotta have a pool! (Just brother and his wife. Kids are grown.)

Me: No problem. No problem at all.

Last edited by john3232; 02-03-2020 at 05:53 PM..

Old 02-03-2020, 07:10 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:

For once, I agree with you. Repped

Old 02-03-2020, 07:13 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Don't worry, moaning on the Internet is sure to fix everything! If only I would fall into line and weep and wail with you, we could start to make some real progress!

If the oven is too hot, you can get out of the kitchen or stand there complaining. Your choice.
You are kind of being condescending and rude to yukon, to be fair. You sound like someone who thinks they've never made a mistake ever and show disdain for anyone who isn't as "perfect" as you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area