Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 02:07 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,359,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
The one in Surprise is also on Bell.
I have actually never been to Surprise (other than driving by on the freeway) and I have been here since 2013. LOL I had no idea that Bell went all that way! I was looking at map via Google. Is Surprise even in Arizona?

Old 01-20-2020, 10:11 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,654,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They have an Aldi's in the town where I sunbird the summers. I'm not impressed. They have a limited selection and you end up going to Walmart anyway. Overall, Walmart is still cheaper. Here, I mostly go to Fry's cuz I like the covered parking. The Safeway down the street from me got rid of self checkout and got rid of me with the same move. Now, I hear they put it back in. So maybe I will go to Safeway. They are overpriced, but convenient. I doubt I would make a special trip for Aldi's. I like Sprouts, but it's not worth the trip, and Sprouts is a whole lot nicer than Aldi's IMO.
I can shop cheaper at Frys than Walmart for groceries, and Frys produce is much nicer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2020, 09:27 AM

46 posts, read 71,657 times
They are coming to town. I have shopped at an Aldi's before. Definitely no frills.

Aldi to open stores in Chandler, Peoria, Goodyear and Gilbert in 2020

https://www.azfamily.com/news/aldi-t...66955f141.html

Old 07-27-2020, 10:58 AM
Status: "Not voting for the felon or sleepy Joe." (set 4 days ago)

6,249 posts, read 2,847,403 times
My dad lives in Germany and loves Aldi I would love to try it sometime.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:45 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,741,444 times
Putting a quarter in to rent a cart is insulting. Kind of like baby on board sticker...I was gonna hit your car or steal your cart but now I will not because I put a quarter into your cart.

It is low grade frozen food crap. I will pass.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:33 PM
Status: "Not voting for the felon or sleepy Joe." (set 4 days ago)

6,249 posts, read 2,847,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Putting a quarter in to rent a cart is insulting. Kind of like baby on board sticker...I was gonna hit your car or steal your cart but now I will not because I put a quarter into your cart.

It is low grade frozen food crap. I will pass.
I think that's in place so people don't steal the carts and return them. You wouldn't believe how many people steal shopping carts deface, damage them or use them for other purposes.

Most now have a locking mechanism.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
I think that's in place so people don't steal the carts and return them. You wouldn't believe how many people steal shopping carts deface, damage them or use them for other purposes.

Most now have a locking mechanism.
Spare change is at a premium. Perhaps they need to adapt their approach. I shopped at Aldi's over 20 years ago back east. So I am aware of the product. Will stick with Fry's and Sprout's . Sprout's best bang for buck with quality imo.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:20 PM

4,619 posts, read 9,319,597 times
I have no interest in shopping at Aldi and I doubt the Chandler location will be successful. It's in a high income part of town in a closed Basha's, across the street from Sprouts and Albertsons and a mile from Fry's. Because that is not a low income area, there's really no incentive to go to Aldi and bag your own groceries, etc. They should have looked at locations a few miles north of there, but maybe they got a screaming deal on the rent.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I have no interest in shopping at Aldi and I doubt the Chandler location will be successful. It's in a high income part of town in a closed Basha's, across the street from Sprouts and Albertsons and a mile from Fry's. Because that is not a low income area, there's really no incentive to go to Aldi and bag your own groceries, etc. They should have looked at locations a few miles north of there, but maybe they got a screaming deal on the rent.
I was trying to be "gentle" on typical Aldi's customers from my shopping there in the 90s back east. But lets call it for what they are....low income EBT swiping folks !!

Old 07-27-2020, 02:46 PM

I remembered the putting quarter in cart which is a total trash vibe in itself. Yes...I forgot...you pay for plastic bags and bagging your own stuff. Well you pay for plastic in CA too so perhaps they would not mind that here. I question social distancing measures in such a setting too. Folks all bagging stuff after the fact for several minutes after checkout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area