Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 12:42 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,304,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Malls and stores like Macy's are dying a very slow death, especially in the indoor mall setting. PV Mall should be demolished at this point. The only places that seem to be doing very well are Desert Ridge, San Tan, and Tempe Marketplace, all of which are open-air. The Fashion Squares seem to be doing good too.

On a side note, I've been to Chandler Fashion Square a couple of times. The traffic around there is unbearable. I prefer to shop from the comfort of my home.
Chandler Fashion Center is much easier to access from the South via Price/Frye. I can get in and out of there very quickly.

The traffic on Chandler Blvd blows though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2020, 02:38 PM

7,330 posts, read 12,397,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Literally said heavy foot traffic but if their criteria is lower end malls those two (although quite nice) are lower end than Macy’s other locations
I would think Chandler Fashion Center is more upscale than Superstition Springs. The mall itself generates far more sales/square foot. In fact at Superstition Springs I usually see more foot traffic in JCPenney than I do in Macy's.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:38 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,762,136 times
I do a lot of shopping online but I don't understand how people can buy clothing without trying it on. Seems like you'd be constantly shipping things back.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:49 AM

3,826 posts, read 9,510,262 times
They didn't announce anything in AZ yet. But saw an enterprising young reporter did happen to catch that a large chunk of retail property will be available at one of the malls here in Tucson by next fall. Putting 2+2 together figured that it had to be one of our Macy's.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:04 AM

2,791 posts, read 7,480,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
I do a lot of shopping online but I don't understand how people can buy clothing without trying it on. Seems like you'd be constantly shipping things back.
Most online retailers offer free returns to make this easy, and many customers buy more sizes, styles, and colors than they anticipate needing. They try them on at home and then send back what doesn't work out for them. Of course, this comes at a cost in terms of two-way shipping expenses hidden in clothing prices, not to mention the potential environmental impact of all that shipping. In my ideal world, I'd buy all my clothing in person; however, so many of my favorite retailers have diminished their presence anywhere near me that I don't really have that option. The latest casualty is Brooks Brothers at Biltmore Fashion Park. With no local store, that's one more brand I now buy online instead of in person.

Old 02-11-2020, 03:52 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,026,956 times
Quote:
Same goes for furniture. I like to "feel" the clothes and furniture. And it's too much of a pain in the butt to constantly return stuff. It's much easier to just drive to the store try it on and buy it. DONE.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:20 PM

7,330 posts, read 12,397,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Most online retailers offer free returns to make this easy, and many customers buy more sizes, styles, and colors than they anticipate needing. They try them on at home and then send back what doesn't work out for them. Of course, this comes at a cost in terms of two-way shipping expenses hidden in clothing prices, not to mention the potential environmental impact of all that shipping. In my ideal world, I'd buy all my clothing in person; however, so many of my favorite retailers have diminished their presence anywhere near me that I don't really have that option. The latest casualty is Brooks Brothers at Biltmore Fashion Park. With no local store, that's one more brand I now buy online instead of in person.
Here is a hint for shopping at Kohl's - if you are inside a Kohl's store you can ship for free to your house using the Kohl's mobile app. This can be convenient if you are inside Kohl's but they don't have the color you want in stock; you can just try anything on in a different color and if the fit is good order the right color from your phone while you are in the store.

Old 02-12-2020, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Here is a hint for shopping at Kohl's - if you are inside a Kohl's store you can ship for free to your house using the Kohl's mobile app. This can be convenient if you are inside Kohl's but they don't have the color you want in stock; you can just try anything on in a different color and if the fit is good order the right color from your phone while you are in the store.
If only there were a Kohl's anywhere near me. Kohl's made a big deal about entering the Phoenix Metro Area back in 2003, but almost all of its locations are outside the 101 (or nearly so). When a retailer completely ignores the core of the metro area, I either ignore it back or experience only the online version of the brand. Still, I appreciate the tip and will keep it in mind if ever Kohl's reconsiders its site selection.

Old 02-12-2020, 04:13 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,846,286 times
Quote:
I agree with this. It seems to much of a pain to by clothing online. I'm the kind of person who has to try on clothes before I'll buy them as well. It's more of a pain to buy several sizes and then ship what I don't need back than it is to just go to a brick and mortar store.

I believe the decline of Macy's has more to do with the decline of indoor malls than it does Amazon.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:15 AM

I've noticed lately a lot of online retailers have added more detailed guidelines for their clothing sizes. It used to be that size recommendations were based solely on measurements. More recently, I've seen some sites that ask how old I am (because weight distribution often changes with age) and what size I prefer from other brands. Presumably, all that data is used to make size recommendations in a way designed to minimize the need to return items. Now, if only someone could come up with a way to accurately represent clothing colors on a screen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area