Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 01:47 PM

26,226 posts, read 49,085,600 times

Advertisements

Are the liquor stores sold out yet, gotta stock up dontcha know.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 02:08 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,381,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I was asked to re-open this thread for local discussion only. I checked, and other areas (NYC, etc) have similar threads, so I am re-opening it. Any bickering about national politics or California bashing will be dealt with.
Thanks VTsnowbird for the reconsideration.

Apart from the hilarious responses, is Phoenix prepared for this? Do we have enough and safe quarantine areas? If this becomes pandemic, is the state of AZ responsible? Do we have enough funds?

A Harvard scientist predicted, 40-70% of the population will likely get infected.
https://thehill.com/changing-america...-preparing-for

OMG, do I really need an ammo?

Old 02-29-2020, 02:12 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,924,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Thanks VTsnowbird for the reconsideration.

Apart from the hilarious responses, is Phoenix prepared for this? Do we have enough and safe quarantine areas? If this becomes pandemic, is the state of AZ responsible? Do we have enough funds?

A Harvard scientist predicted, 40-70% of the population will likely get infected.
https://thehill.com/changing-america...-preparing-for

OMG, do I really need an ammo?
I'd be more concerned about the ammo, than anything else...is Arizona prepared for what...the end of the world?

You can listen to the Harvard "scientist" all you want; Didn't someone from Harvard GUARANTEE Hillary would win the election??

Stop being a chicken little, and put your faith where it belongs..in Smith & Wesson.

Old 02-29-2020, 02:45 PM

8,274 posts, read 8,668,432 times
Stay off public transportation, away from crowds, quit shaking hands, and get your rest.

Or run down the street screaming like a little girl. That always worked for me.

Old 02-29-2020, 04:30 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,656,451 times
Why do anything? It’s a hoax.

Old 02-29-2020, 04:39 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,349,164 times
Considering I actually make viruses for a living, I probably have a better chance with one of them killing me than coronavirus, just sayin'!

Old 02-29-2020, 04:52 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,730,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I'd be more concerned about the ammo, than anything else...is Arizona prepared for what...the end of the world?

You can listen to the Harvard "scientist" all you want; Didn't someone from Harvard GUARANTEE Hillary would win the election??

Stop being a chicken little, and put your faith where it belongs..in Smith & Wesson.

Annnnnnd, another Harvard scientist was arrested recently for spying for the ..........CHINESE!
CONNECT THE DOTS PEOPLE!
Just saw a snot nosed kid walking on the sidewalk in front of my house. Time to get out the pressure washer (for him not the sidewalk).

Old 03-01-2020, 06:27 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,485,140 times
The complaint that many have about how we are an unfriendly lot who simply drive into our garages after work and avoid our neighbors seems like a positive Arizona trait right now.

Old 03-01-2020, 10:13 AM

13,795 posts, read 8,032,288 times
I recall years ago in N.Y. city officials were discussing a pamphlet to be distributed in case of an emergency. (This was before 9/11)

On the first page in bold print residents were advised not to bring alcohol, drugs or guns to the shelter area.

However, one city officials made the point: Guns, drugs and alcohol are the three things nobody is leaving home without.

Old 03-01-2020, 10:41 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,807,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
face masks are worthless for this; however, the bread and ammo are good choices..ESPECIALLY the ammo..
Oh lordy. Face masks are not useless. Every patient in droplet precautions requires every health care worker and visitor to wear one when in the room. The problem comes when you don't use the proper technique in removing it and touch the contaminated area. Grab it by the side of one ear and break the straps. Don't touch it anywhere else and wash your hands for 20 seconds after you dispose of it. The N95 face mask is what's used in hospitals to protect against TB among other droplet diseases. I had to pass a test fit for one every year when I was working and show how to properly dispose of it. I'm looking for some now. If everyone in the general public goes out and buys them up? The fear is that there won't be enough for first res-ponders.

We have ammo and a little more than two weeks worth of food if it hits hard here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area