Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 09:08 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,371,544 times

Advertisements

I live in a three roommate house. We had a high speed plan for $100 per month. About 1.5 years ago one roommate quit his job and used insane amounts of data the couple months before he moved out.

We were getting big overage charges. I called and they said it would be cheaper to temporarily switch to the high data plan and we could switch back to our $100 plan when he moved out.

He moved out. Tried to switch back and was told our previous plan never existed. I said look at our old bills. Didn't matter. I was talking to a brick.

$1,800 per year for internet only just seems insane to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 09:12 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,018,225 times
Ask to speak to a manager. If that doesn't work go to a local shop and bring the bills with you. Show them that you had a previous account.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:42 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,910,840 times
I cancelled my service and they, unbeknownst to me, kept charging me for 2 years. I had no idea until they turned me into collections. They had records of my shut off date and me returning my equipment yet would not budge on saying I owed them 3200 or so. One call to the AZ attorney generals office and it was resolved in a week. I will go without before I ever use cox again. Their name is very descriptive of their service attitude.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:22 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Ask to speak to a manager. If that doesn't work go to a local shop and bring the bills with you. Show them that you had a previous account.

Not related to price, I "chatted" online with a rep the other evening (about signal dropout on t.v. service). I've rarely been so angry. Instead of listening to what I KNOW the problem to be, he kept telling me to reboot my router and the "box" on the t.v. I'd already done that...more than once. I said, "You're not even listening to what I'm saying". He said, "I told you what to do". So then I told him what to do.

Today or tomorrow I will go into the Cox store. They tend to listen.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:24 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,947,978 times
I switched to century link and pay 45.00 a month guaranteed for life for high speed internet. It is not available everywhere but if it is available where you live jump on it. I also got a box off of Craigslist that gives me access to tons of channels so I stream them for free. So my tv and internet cox went from 185 to 45 a month which saves me close to 2000 a year. Just type in tv in for sale in craigslist. Cox kept going up all the time on me and pushed me into making the switch. Thanks Cox

Old 03-11-2020, 01:42 PM

1,694 posts, read 1,275,928 times
We only have Cox as an option. It's crazy to me. When I lived in Michigan I had a choice between four different internet providers. Very cheap because of that.

Old 03-11-2020, 03:28 PM

656 posts, read 813,989 times
Speeds continue to increase over the years, so today's base plan is better than yesterday's top plan. I pay $63 a month and have no problem using desktop, high-def TV stream, phone, and tablet, all going simultaneously.

Old 03-11-2020, 04:07 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,664,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I switched to century link and pay 45.00 a month guaranteed for life for high speed internet. It is not available everywhere but if it is available where you live jump on it. I also got a box off of Craigslist that gives me access to tons of channels so I stream them for free
You understand that is not legitimate, and that you're opening yourself to all sorts of potential issues, right?

I use Kodi on a Fire device too, sometimes. But I do it through a VPN, and I don't fool myself that I found a totally aboveboard way to avoid paying for content.

You can get a lot of stuff for free... go to antennaweb.org and pick out the right OTA antenna, get an OTA recorder like Recast, get Crackle or Tubi TV or other legitimate free apps. But when you're getting ESPN and HBO and just-released movies, someone is watching, and you can wind up in hot water.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:19 PM

48 posts, read 30,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I live in a three roommate house. We had a high speed plan for $100 per month. About 1.5 years ago one roommate quit his job and used insane amounts of data the couple months before he moved out.

We were getting big overage charges. I called and they said it would be cheaper to temporarily switch to the high data plan and we could switch back to our $100 plan when he moved out.

He moved out. Tried to switch back and was told our previous plan never existed. I said look at our old bills. Didn't matter. I was talking to a brick.

$1,800 per year for internet only just seems insane to me.

Nothing a good hitman can't solve.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:42 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not related to price, I "chatted" online with a rep the other evening (about signal dropout on t.v. service). I've rarely been so angry. Instead of listening to what I KNOW the problem to be, he kept telling me to reboot my router and the "box" on the t.v. I'd already done that...more than once. I said, "You're not even listening to what I'm saying". He said, "I told you what to do". So then I told him what to do.

Today or tomorrow I will go into the Cox store. They tend to listen.
Just to follow up, I did go to the Cox office and the rep there was very understanding of the issue I was having and sent a technician out to the house today. He agreed completely with my diagnosis of the problem and had some rather select things to say about some of the people who take online fix-it calls. The technician today followed through as I thought was needed, and it seems as if all is well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area