Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 01:36 PM

69 posts, read 280,738 times

Advertisements

I'ved added the stats from my prior postings for reference purposes.

4-24
Active Listings are 55,571 (down .13% from prior week).
Pending Sales are 7,226 (up 5.8% from prior week).

4-17
Active Listings are 55,642 (down .41% from prior week).
Pending Sales are 6,811 (up 4.8% from prior week).

4-10
Active Listings are 55,869 (down 1.4% from prior week).
Pending Sales are 6,486 (up 9.4% from prior week).

I'm providing the info as a basis for informed discussion. There are tons of different/better/more useful stats but this is easy to pull together and quite simply, is the most accurate gauge of activity...of any kind.

The market trend can be the result of a million things for a million reasons...these figures are not my opinion...they are fact. Regardless of the reason for the uptick, people with desirable homes in desirable areas for sale just got a raise albeit a tiny one) if they and/or their Realtor is smart).

This whole thing could trend back down for again, a "million reasons", but today it's moving positively and positive is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 02:39 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,937,252 times
Thanks for the weekly information, I like seeing this information.

So...we can see a good, though very small, trend over the last 3 weeks. Compared to 4/03...currently pending sales are up 20% and active listings are down 1.94%.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:01 PM

69 posts, read 280,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Thanks for the weekly information, I like seeing this information.

So...we can see a good, though very small, trend over the last 3 weeks. Compared to 4/03...currently pending sales are up 20% and active listings are down 1.94%.
Yep...the talk on the street for the past couple of years has been that things won't improve with any sustainability until we get back to "pre-boom" numbers...while I agree in some respects, if our local economy actually went back to those numbers we'd be in BIG trouble...our economy has grown tremendously in the past five years and I think there is a danger in trying to mirror numbers. I think the more appropriate thought process is to keep an eye on supply and demand.

Builder spec inventories are at their lowest level in a long time and that tidbit was/is supposed to be the precursor to ANY improvement. Nationwide housing permits in March were at their lowest level in 16 years but that number can be deceiving because a lot of people equate permits with a sale and it's not the case. Builders permit what they think they can produce based on a number of factors not the least of which is what they can sell but not always.

It'll be intersting to see what the next couple of months bring...I'll keep posting stats :-)

Old 04-24-2008, 10:39 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
While I'm shopping I'd like to see better inventory then what I have been seeing, so I'd like to see more listings just until I find my house)) Then it can go back down again.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:38 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
While I'm shopping I'd like to see better inventory then what I have been seeing, so I'd like to see more listings just until I find my house)) Then it can go back down again.
The inventory where you're looking is getting slimmer. There were a few more lake front homes that came on the market in the last few days.

I have an offer in on one of the homes in Tanglewood for a client. It's a short sale and we think it'll be approved at a very good price.

Are you set up for automatic updates for listings?

Old 04-26-2008, 12:20 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
The inventory where you're looking is getting slimmer. There were a few more lake front homes that came on the market in the last few days.

I have an offer in on one of the homes in Tanglewood for a client. It's a short sale and we think it'll be approved at a very good price.

Are you set up for automatic updates for listings?
My hubby just activated his license he was late getting to PAR today but we should have ARMLS by Monday and then out and about after that. I saw a few in Tanglewood hopefully your offer is not the one on Mallard I'm just not crazy over anything I've seen so far. My financing is all in place and ready to roll they are just waiting for a contract so that should be a good negotiating tool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area