Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2020, 10:01 AM

8,048 posts, read 12,311,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
I don't think including gyms in the first "phase" of business openings is a smart decision. It's stupid. There is no way a gym will hire enough employees to ensure equipment is sanitized between each customer. Nor can the gym count on customers doing the sanitizing prior to use. Folks can workout outside. A gym is not a necessity.
Sieg Heil! With temperatures expected to be in the 90s & 100s all too soon, telling people to exercise outside is pretty ignorant on your part. We're going to hear about even more cases of heat stroke and paramedics having to do rescues at hiking spots, etc. Fitness centers shouldn't have to hire employees to sanitize equipment. All they have to do is bring back the employees who they were forced to lay off. Let businesses reopen & get the economy moving, and you can sit at home hidden under the covers if you choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 10:07 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,237,795 times
I just watched a Frontline special on the virus. Very well done. It goes into some of the difficulties getting testing, the background cases etc etc. It's one supposedly objective view (there is some slant) but those who want to learn something more should watch it. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...ieres-tonight/

What I will say is the government has picked a few wrong paths costing multiple weeks of lockdown. It will become clearer if you watch. OR, put your head in the sand and call it "media bias" or "fake news". Like every topic, the truth is in between both views.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:08 AM

121 posts, read 117,849 times
You wont hear about cases of heat stroke , those will be marked down as Covid deaths now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Sieg Heil! With temperatures expected to be in the 90s & 100s all too soon, telling people to exercise outside is pretty ignorant on your part. We're going to hear about even more cases of heat stroke and paramedics having to do rescues at hiking spots, etc. Fitness centers shouldn't have to hire employees to sanitize equipment. All they have to do is bring back the employees who they were forced to lay off. Let businesses reopen & get the economy moving, and you can sit at home hidden under the covers if you choose.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:36 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,689,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beez74 View Post
You wont hear about cases of heat stroke , those will be marked down as Covid deaths now
No, they won't. I get that you're being funny, but people actually believe that crap.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:43 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,987,544 times
Good news from Hanoi..no new cases in six days. They actually share a border with China, for those from AZ public schools.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:03 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post

Mornings are beautiful in the 60s and 70s, even with the 100 degree temps lows are still in the low 60's now. I suppose the government can continue trying to regulate common sense but it should be pretty obvious the best time to go hiking in hot weather is early in the morning and most people will be fine. Common sense for me is to avoid going above 95 and between 10am-3pm, that stretches to going mainly before 9am or around/after sunset when we get into the real warm stuff.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:06 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Well, we should find out soon enough.

Gov. Ducey likely will be making an announcement sometime this week.

Hey made one yesterday "The relaxation of Arizona's stay-at-home orders will follow guidelines set out by the White House, but the state isn't ready to meet those early openings set out by other states just yet, according to a call between mayors and members of Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey's staff."

Old 04-22-2020, 11:22 AM

8,048 posts, read 12,311,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Mornings are beautiful in the 60s and 70s, even with the 100 degree temps lows are still in the low 60's now. I suppose the government can continue trying to regulate common sense but it should be pretty obvious the best time to go hiking in hot weather is early in the morning and most people will be fine. Common sense for me is to avoid going above 95 and between 10am-3pm, that stretches to going mainly before 9am or around/after sunset when we get into the real warm stuff.
No government can successfully regulate and enforce common sense. If certain people are too stupid to understand that exerting yourself in hot weather comes with risks, then let them do what they will, and let Social Darwinism be the rule of the land. It's a good form of population control. Some of us survive just fine without relying on Big Brother.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:26 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,715,380 times
I have sympathy for those that need to get back to work and such.
But many of us have problems. For example I am a heart patient with a pacemaker/defibrillator in my chest and take lots of drugs to stay alive at age 73.
The problems I see with this virus is that you can carry this stuff without knowing it and infect others.
They are also discovering that if the virus affects you it can damage the heart, even in the young, and it can give you blood clots that can block your heart and kill you.
This crap is not simply another flu that you can ignore! While the numbers may be small as of this morning the US has lost some 46,000 people and that number is growing by some 2500 a day.
The people I really feel sorry for are the ones losing their jobs and medical insurance.
So for those that want to flaunt the virus and the rules that have been imposed have at it.
And let us hope it does not get to the point that the feds impose Martial Law!
As a vet I can tell you that it's not something you want to see.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:32 AM

7,836 posts, read 4,587,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I just watched a Frontline special on the virus. Very well done. It goes into some of the difficulties getting testing, the background cases etc etc. It's one supposedly objective view (there is some slant) but those who want to learn something more should watch it. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...ieres-tonight/

What I will say is the government has picked a few wrong paths costing multiple weeks of lockdown. It will become clearer if you watch. OR, put your head in the sand and call it "media bias" or "fake news". Like every topic, the truth is in between both views.
I've always been impressed with reporter Miles O'Brien work. Smart guy and knows how to build a story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area