Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 11:03 PM

84 posts, read 58,612 times

Advertisements

Just a fun little pass-the-Covid-time game

Example: "South Scottsdale: A bit pricey, but it's close to work (pre-Covid) AND as a single guy in his mid-20s, I enjoy being around slightly older working professionals instead of the carefree college kids that I was once a part of. It's a great place to live, I feel, as you transition out of college and into the real world/adulthood."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 07:53 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,475,666 times
When I lived in Phoenix my preferred neighborhood was north central (north of Bethany Home and between the 51 & 17). For me it was quick and easy access to hiking and running trails at the Phoenix Mountain Preserves. Plus add in access to the canals for flat, easy runs and walks with the dog.

Then add in fast freeway access and I could be in Prescott, Payson or Flagstaff in under two hours for summer getaways.

I prefer going to locally owned restaurants and brew pubs, that location puts you within a ton of those within 20 minutes.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:44 AM

13,717 posts, read 7,992,868 times
I live in East Mesa between Recker and Power because this house has pool and up the street from a property I own which is rented.

The neighborhood isn't upscale like in Gilbert or Chandler where I also own property and my **snobbish brother told me he'd "never live here" but I find this East Mesa area safe and quiet at night.

**I found what he said extremely rude. He's got money but never earned it. His wife kiss received 2.5 million when her grandmother passed away.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:20 PM

656 posts, read 813,465 times
I have lived in Camelback East for 17 years because of old trees, canal-watered lawns, beautiful mid-century homes not painted tan, restaurants, walking distance to Curaleaf, other businesses.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:29 PM

84 posts, read 58,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I live in East Mesa between Recker and Power because this house has pool and up the street from a property I own which is rented.

The neighborhood isn't upscale like in Gilbert or Chandler where I also own property and my **snobbish brother told me he'd "never live here" but I find this East Mesa area safe and quiet at night.

**I found what he said extremely rude. He's got money but never earned it. His wife kiss received 2.5 million when her grandmother passed away.
Was he snobbish before the inheritance? A personality thing or one of those "money changed him" things?

Also, East Mesa is getting better every year.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:26 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,029,246 times
Lived in North Phoenix for most of the 30 years I have lived in Arizona. First to be near family and then made a lot of friends on that side of the city. Became empty nesters after living in Moon Valley for 13 years. Absolutely loved living there. Good schools, nice properties, friendly neighbors, conveniently located to all amenities and freeways.
Then we bought a vacation place in Payson 5 years ago. Sold the home in Moon Valley and tried living in our Payson home full time. Let's just say, I have never liked winter, LOL. I am originally from Boston.
Ended up buying a townhouse in Tempe a little over a year ago and am really enjoying getting to know my new neighborhood. It is closer to the Payson house and we just plain wanted a change for our new life adventure (close to retirement).

Old 04-30-2020, 02:48 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,659,134 times
I currently live in South Scottsdale. I chose that location due to work. I am really close to old town. It's a decent area but not my cup of tea. Next month, I am moving to the Melrose District. That area is really desirable and it's "up and coming." I bought property there and plan to rent it out within the next couple of years.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnufMinerals View Post
Was he snobbish before the inheritance? A personality thing or one of those "money changed him" things?

No, he was never like this growing up. I blame the wife. She's the status chaser. Or as my father said when the two first started dating, "She's got champagne tastes and you've got a beer income."

While my brother has been a good father and has provided for his family he never earned the big bucks the wife who grew up in Beverly Hills wanted.

My feeling is she's never let him forgot that.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnufMinerals View Post

It's safe and the neighborhood is quiet. My house has four bedroom with a pool. The house isn't new (1989) and some of my neighbors don't take care of their lawn (no HOA) but whatever.

It's paid for and I could sell it for a profit tomorrow.

Old 04-30-2020, 12:51 PM

26 posts, read 42,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
No, he was never like this growing up. I blame the wife. She's the status chaser. Or as my father said when the two first started dating, "She's got champagne tastes and you've got a beer income."

While my brother has been a good father and has provided for his family he never earned the big bucks the wife who grew up in Beverly Hills wanted.

My feeling is she's never let him forgot that.
I feel sorry for your brother then. Glad to hear that East Mesa is a nice neighborhood. We are looking to buy somewhere in the valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area