Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 09:06 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times

Advertisements

Consider a "Housing Wanted" ad in craigslist to state your good points as a tenant and what you're looking for. I've heard these sometimes work well as those with casitas or rooms to rent don't want to advertise lest they have to deal with a crush of replies to include some from sketchy people.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 04:10 PM

445 posts, read 398,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Find a new place, as you originally planned. What is the reason for not doing so? What bearing would the pandemic have on your decision?
My fear of getting COVID. It's highly contagious and could be deadly.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Since you consider yourself middle class why don't you just buy a nice house in a good neighborhood?
I do not qualify as low income so I'm assuming I'm middle class. My credit score is not that good and I don't have $10,000 saved to put down for a house.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
What about looking for a senior citizen who has a house and would like to rent out a room? Phoenix has tons of seniors, many of which are not making it money wise and would welcome the rent money. This would entail some initial work to find that home owning senior. Maybe listing on bulletin boards at senior centers? Or NextDoor? Last resort, Craig's List. How far from your job can you live? Do you have enough savings to purchase a house with these low interest rates? Lots of possibilities and you certainly have the right attitude !!! Good luck.
Thanks. That was very nice of you. Lots of suggestions! Attitude is everything!

Old 05-18-2020, 04:18 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,969,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMouse111 View Post
Where would you get it from? Going to an apartment viewing? Why would you not be at risk going back to where your family is?

Old 05-18-2020, 04:19 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Change of heart?

Quote:
Think about it!! They are using this virus to thin the herd! I highly doubt you go into that camp and end up coming out alive. You will be another COVID statistic never to be seen from again!!

JUST LIKE CHINA!!

We need to stop this!!!

Old 05-18-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarbuilder View Post
Look for a casita or mother in law setup. Plenty in the valley. House sharing is an option but people need to have the right personality for it. An RV is a good option. If you don`t like where you are you can easily move it. Also from the east and like it but much better deal living in AZ. Good Luck.
Thank you. I was looking for that word "casita". I like that idea too, a mother-in-law setup. Yeah I agree. House sharing is good for people with the same values and desire for tidiness.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Consider a "Housing Wanted" ad in craigslist to state your good points as a tenant and what you're looking for. I've heard these sometimes work well as those with casitas or rooms to rent don't want to advertise lest they have to deal with a crush of replies to include some from sketchy people.
That's a good idea. Thanks. I'm looking at some economic forecasts for the coming year. It looks like it's going to get really bad so I better make wise careful decisions.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Where would you get it from? Going to an apartment viewing? Why would you not be at risk going back to where your family is?
I'll be at risk no matter where I live, but at least I'm fully employed here. You can get the virus at the grocery store, restaurant or Walmart for example. No telling where you can pick it up.

As for apartments, you can only see 3-D viewing at the moment due to COVID. Things may change by July 1st.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Change of heart?

Yes, I've had a change of heart. One side of me says there is nothing to fear. The other side of me says what if you do catch it, then what?

So yeah, right now, these are uncertain times. I don't know who to believe anymore. Seems to be two camps of thought in the US right now.

I pray for the best and I hope that this too shall pass and everything will be okay for all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area