Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 02:56 PM

9 posts, read 8,677 times

Advertisements

Hi all. We are looking at moving to Arizona. We are looking at Buckeye and surrounding areas but don’t know what neighborhoods we should be looking at. We like Estrella. Verrado seems too close together. We would like a safe neighborhood were we can keep our rv on our the side yard of the property. It seems most of Arizona has HOA’s and they normally do not allow RV’s to be parked on the property. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 03:50 PM

942 posts, read 2,518,831 times
There are some communities where one is allowed to park an RV at their residence and even some that have RV garages, but the majority of communities around here won't likely allow it. Most planned communities won't allow an RV to be parked on the side of a house or anywhere it would be visible to others. A realtor should be able to provide you with houses that allow this or you can google "No HOA" or "Horse Property" and the city and some may pop up. I believe there is a neighborhood off Jackrabbit Trail, north of the 10, that allows RVs.

Old 05-21-2020, 04:19 PM

Thanks. Are there any communities you recommend that are not necessarily rv friendly?

Old 05-21-2020, 04:39 PM

720 posts, read 733,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal9 View Post
Thanks. Are there any communities you recommend that are not necessarily rv friendly?
Yes also new builds - what is your budget so we can better help answer.

Old 05-21-2020, 04:54 PM

My max would be in the low $400’s. Retirement communities are also an option. I’ve been looking at Del Webb in Buckeye but it looks far from amenities

Old 05-21-2020, 04:54 PM

129 posts, read 111,094 times
If I had an RV and enough money I'd get one of these (RV garage):

https://www.zillow.com/community/val...22993357_plid/

It's a little ways outside the area you're looking (Waddel), but not far.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theTelecommuter View Post
If I had an RV and enough money I'd get one of these (RV garage):

https://www.zillow.com/community/val...22993357_plid/

It's a little ways outside the area you're looking (Waddel), but not far.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. I like the single story

Old 05-21-2020, 05:23 PM

586 posts, read 540,858 times
Valencia neighborhood in Estrella has houses with RV garages. No idea of price or quality of builder? They started building about 3 or 4 years ago

Old 05-21-2020, 05:48 PM

743 posts, read 874,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal9 View Post
Thanks, I’ll check it out. I like the single story
Re: Valencia subdivision in Waddell...it's in a weird location for access to Loop 303. You can get on southbound no problem by taking Northern, but to get on the 303 to go north is annoying. Also, in between cotton lane and the loop 303 is all commercial land, even though it's currently being used as farmland. PV303, and the latest news is the building of a Love's truck stop between Bethany Home and Glendale off of Cotton Lane which is just down from Valencia.
You will hear the Loop 303 traffic noise if you buy in Valencia, not to mention Luke Air Force Base fly overs with the F-35's. Very loud. Not all the time, or every day, but they're still really loud. Just an FYI.

There's a subdivision (Alicante at Sedella) off of Perryville between Indian School and Camelback. They build homes with RV garages. It's tucked back in further than Valencia. Easy access to the I-10 or Loop 303.

Estrella Mountain Ranch is really nice. Lots of choices up there. I don't know about the RV garages though.

Last edited by MGS4EVER; 05-21-2020 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: added information

Old 05-21-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
Re: Valencia subdivision in Waddell...it's in a weird location for access to Loop 303. You can get on southbound no problem by taking Northern, but to get on the 303 to go north is annoying. Also, in between cotton lane and the loop 303 is all commercial land, even though it's currently being used as farmland. PV303, and the latest news is the building of a Love's truck stop between Bethany Home and Glendale off of Cotton Lane which is just down from Valencia.
You will hear the Loop 303 traffic noise if you buy in Valencia, not to mention Luke Air Force Base fly overs with the F-35's. Very loud. Not all the time, or every day, but they're still really loud. Just an FYI.

There's a subdivision (Alicante at Sedella) off of Perryville between Indian School and Camelback. They build homes with RV garages. It's tucked back in further than Valencia. Easy access to the I-10 or Loop 303.

Estrella Mountain Ranch is really nice. Lots of choices up there. I don't know about the RV garages though.
Thanks for the information. I will check out Alicante. The AFB doesn’t bother us. Hubby is a pilot so he likes the noise, lol. Estrella has a new community with RV garages but they are out of our price range, I will check out the other community that neighborhood Bates mentioned to see if they have resells yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area