Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:37 PM

264 posts, read 1,085,965 times

Advertisements

For the love of god.. post pictures of inside the house AND the backyard or you won't be getting a phone call from me.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 11:54 AM

68 posts, read 334,283 times
Hear, hear! When I see an absence of backyard photos, I assume the worst! And completely disregard the listing

If it's a dirt lot, just show it- same with a pile o' rocks. It is what it is, right? Some people like rockpiles for backyards

Old 05-02-2008, 12:55 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Too funny, as we received a listing today from our realtor.

6 photos, including one of the back yard.

Complete with washing machine.

In the back yard.

I wanted to call him and ask if the washer came with the house.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:00 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Oh, and by the way,

I couldn't care less about that fancy new bedspread or that stupid print ya bought at WalMart.

Take a pic of the WHOLE room if ya can.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:15 PM

Yeah, what's up with all the washing machine shots, but never shots of any bedrooms but the master?

It's bizzare.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:21 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,322,478 times
Or the ones I love are photos of the inside of a closet or pictures of the toilet (and the lid is always up - I guess that's supposed to be the better angle ).

Anyway, a lot of us agents don't like the photos either, and it's downright embarrassing to have to send those kinds of listings to our clients . . . but "taking bad photos" or "not enough photos" doesn't get your real estate license pulled.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:01 PM

Yeah, I know there are some great realtors out there but there's definitely far too many doing simply a bad job.. you're in the house taking pictures, use your brains people! What do buyers or renters like to see? 1) The exterior 2) Kitchen 3) Master BR + Bath 4) Secondary BR's + Baths 5) The Backyard 6) Living room

Laundry area isn't really on my list, it's not something I NEED to see, they all pretty much look the same.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:08 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
While understanding the desire to see photos of all living areas - very understandable, there are some issues with maintaining privacy with the sellers.

More often than not, you are are likely to see those pictures with respect to vacant homes.

I would love to show pictures of the entire home - but, I have to get my sellers permission to photograph / video the interior of the home.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:17 PM

Yeah that's understandable.

Since there are so many vacant homes, that's what i'm talking about mostly from my experiences searching. House is vacant, yet there is sometimes just one photo of the interior (Usually the kitchen) and rarely backyard photos.

If there are no pics, people will assume the worst anyways so just show people!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:20 PM

68 posts, read 334,283 times
ITA Synergy- we are currently in an exhaustive search for a rental (and also look quite a bit at for sales online just for reference) and it's frustrating how few pictures there are available. It's such a let-down to see only the exterior. I understand, especially with rentals, that it can be hard to get access in order to get good pictures. However, it's even more annoying when pictures are provided and they are either blurry, from an odd angle or exclude some of the most important areas of the home.

It sends a message that the person handling the home (realtor, property manager, owner) is either A) incompetent B) sloppy or C) has something to hide about the home

It's such a simple thing to do- go into the home and take a ton of pictures. Use a digital camera- there's no expense for film, it cannot take more than 10-15 minutes. Take 50 pictures if you must and then narrow it down to, say, the top 10! Simple!

My other favorite is the dirty house pictures. I feel badly for the poor realtor who obviously has the best of intentions and wants to provide good pics...but they show up and find a house with dirty towels thrown over things, a sink full of dishes, stained couches from the 80's, trash and clutter everywhere. That sucks. Bless their hearts, they tried to do the pictures- unfortunately, if whomever is occupying the home cannot be bothered to tidy up after themselves even a little bit, what more can they do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area