Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:40 AM

5 posts, read 16,614 times

Advertisements

[quote=hts;3654853]That's an amazing positive spin to a bad situation. Most of Gilbert stinks to the high heavens. Quite frankly, I'm amazed that more people don't complain about it. Maybe they don't want to publicly acknowledge it for fear of hurting their property values.

????? I live in Gilbert and have never experienced this stench that you speak of...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:05 PM

32 posts, read 111,536 times
We lived in the area of McQueen and Guadalupe when we first moved to AZ. We were considering buying a house in the area because it seemed like a nice, quiet neighborhood to raise a family in. I'm glad we rented first. The STENCH shocked us; it was so overpowering. It's even worse during the rainy season. It's too bad because there are nice homes for sale along McQueen.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:26 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBreeze View Post
We lived in the area of McQueen and Guadalupe when we first moved to AZ. We were considering buying a house in the area because it seemed like a nice, quiet neighborhood to raise a family in. I'm glad we rented first. The STENCH shocked us; it was so overpowering. It's even worse during the rainy season. It's too bad because there are nice homes for sale along McQueen.
How long ago was that?

Old 07-25-2008, 03:08 PM

410 posts, read 1,293,429 times
Firebreeze,

I'm interested to know how long ago that was also? Because I'm in that area all the time and never have smelled anything. About 5 years ago I did but not recently. I also used to smell it around Warner and Val Vista but haven't in a while.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:30 PM

11 posts, read 34,915 times
Ok, does it smell like a farm here or some other odd smell? Farm smells stink, but are a bit more natural and you can get used to them after a while. I hate the smell of fetilizer, yuk!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:38 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,873 times
WHY I LOVE IT
1. It is new (no real run down areas that I know of)
2. It is close to shopping
3. Easy access to freeways
4. Close to my job
5. Just a wonderful place to live

WHY I DISLIKE IT
1.Sometimes you can smell the dairy cows when driving
2. Mormon church on every corner
3. Power Rd. is under construction and is a mess..and will be for a few years
4. Traffic coming home takes me twice as long... Recker Rd backs up heading south at the four way stop at williams field and higley road is one lane half the time and gets backed up.
5. N/A

Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 AM

32 posts, read 111,536 times
To sheena and azcater: we lived in that area from September until November 2007. The stench can be smelled after it rains. A lot of people have not noticed the smell, but we did since we are not used to it. That smell did not reach Tempe, where we moved to.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:35 PM

4 posts, read 7,584 times
Why does it smell in gilbert? Are there family farms or factory farms?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:56 PM

410 posts, read 1,293,429 times
Leah, it's just dairy farms (family). But seriously there are plenty of areas in Gilbert that don't stink. It's gotten a lot better than when we first moved here 7 years ago. There are some areas that are near dairy farms that I would obviously think twice about moving to, but there are plenty of homes in areas that don't have that problem. And of course there are some that say you get used to it and don't even smell it after a while... (I'm not one of them!)

Old 05-12-2009, 02:29 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcater View Post
Leah, it's just dairy farms (family). But seriously there are plenty of areas in Gilbert that don't stink. It's gotten a lot better than when we first moved here 7 years ago. There are some areas that are near dairy farms that I would obviously think twice about moving to, but there are plenty of homes in areas that don't have that problem. And of course there are some that say you get used to it and don't even smell it after a while... (I'm not one of them!)
I don't really smell it in Gilbert. I think Queen Creek is more notorious for that lack of smell. I live in Chandler not Gilbert so its not like I'm used to living in Gilbert and adjusting to a foul smell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area