Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2021, 07:42 PM

13,907 posts, read 8,092,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerDobson View Post
I've been in Phoenix now for almost 2 years. It will be 2 years in January. I've noticed that in the city of Phoenix, public restrooms are so hard to find. I do DoorDash often and if I need to go, I always end up going to 2-4 gas stations only to find their restrooms are closed off. Either they will tell you or you will see a mop bucket with tape on the restroom doors. In some stores too, they are closed off, such as at Staples in Midtown. In the past, if you wanted to go at McDonald's or at a fast food place, you would have to make a purchase to get the code. Now at food places, I'm noticing they are all closed to customers. In Mesa, I had to walk to a Basha's, then return to Subway to eat my food just to wash my hands and use the restroom. Isn't illegal to close restrooms like that to customers? Recently in Glendale, I was at a shopping center, and all the food places had all their restrooms closed off. I noticed now and days, only QT's and big box stores like Walmart have them open to customers. I've traveled to many other cities and have never noticed this issue. Is it a city ordinance to have restrooms closed to customers? In the suburbs, you rarely have this issue. It's just in the city of Phoenix itself mainly. I've been to a CVS once where they had no restrooms either.

I know it sounds like a stupid question to ask, but I've never seen this issue in other cities.

I suffer from Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and have at times made a quick pit stop at Home Depot, Target, Lowes, Frys and the like.

If I'm going to be driving for hours or flying I take Imodium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2021, 08:07 AM

50,985 posts, read 24,476,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I suffer from Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and have at times made a quick pit stop at Home Depot, Target, Lowes, Frys and the like.

If I'm going to be driving for hours or flying I take Imodium.
I know that routine.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:25 AM

1,965 posts, read 2,313,592 times
to keep out the transients who also make a restroom unuseable one you get into the nicer areas out side of the older grittier areas all the restrooms are open

Old 12-14-2021, 11:13 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,007,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Best bathrooms are at QT in my opinion. Although I like Fluffys idea of buying a vehicle specifically to have a private toilet wherever you go

LOL. My bladder voted for the toilet-on-wheels.

Old 12-15-2021, 05:12 AM

6,407 posts, read 9,007,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixInCentralArizona View Post
I went to a Burger King in Mesa yesterday, and the restrooms were closed. I've never seen anything like this anywhere else in the country. You only see this in Phoenix. I showed this picture to my friends and they said that they don't see restrooms closed like this where they live. I think it's a Phoenix thing. I had to take my food to go, and the customer service was so terrible.
Jacoby's in Detroit has a sign on the entrance door: NO PUBLIC RESTROOM. Not a Phoenix thing.

Old 12-15-2021, 10:32 AM

As someone who suffers from Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) where's what I've done. Walk into a restaurant and start looking around. Pretend to be talking on the phone. Then tell an employee you're waiting for someone to arrive and ask where's the bathroom? After leaving the bathroom stand by the front door again and pretend to be on the phone. Makes it appear the person you are waiting for isn't coming. Then walk out.

Works every time.

Old 12-15-2021, 10:53 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,674,693 times
Quote:
As someone who suffers from Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) where's what I've done. Walk into a restaurant and start looking around. Pretend to be talking on the phone. Then tell an employee you're waiting for someone to arrive and ask where's the bathroom? After leaving the bathroom stand by the front door again and pretend to be on the phone. Makes it appear the person you are waiting for isn't coming. Then walk out.

Works every time.
You probably could just walk straight to the restroom without the theatrics.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
You probably could just walk straight to the restroom without the theatrics.
Probably but this way I’m sure they say yes

Old 12-15-2021, 11:40 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,293,381 times
Quote:

Works every time.
Do you put on a disguise and accent like Fletch?

Old 12-15-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Do you put on a disguise and accent like Fletch?
I'll not only put on a disguise and accent like Fletch... I'll do a tap dance as well if it gets me to the bathroom in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area