Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 11:00 AM

445 posts, read 399,006 times

Advertisements

I will get harassed for what I'm about to say and this is why I was hesitant to post for quite a few months. I don't care anymore!! Something needs to be said! I know who my BULLY is and apparently I was told he was doing that because he is in the real estate business! Let's be clear!! People like him could CARE LESS about the little guy!!

This is not about SUPPLY and DEMAND! THIS IS ABOUT PURE EVIL!!

California property management companies are buying up apartments left and right here in ARIZONA!! They are raising the rent by $200 to $300 a month?? It's DISGUSTING!!

People are being STRIPPED of any money they have left over in order to put a roof over their heads! After they pay the rent, there isn't much to LIVE ON!! It wasn't always this way! It USED TO BE AFFORDABLE!! BUT $300 more each month??? IS THAT NOT DISGUSTING?!! WE CAN'T ALL BE LAWYERS WHO CAN AFFORD OUTRAGEOUS RENTS!!!

It's VERY WRONG!! It boils down to PURE GREED!!

Mind you I will get harassed by a CUT and PASTE SNOB who likes to drag up anything negative on me in the past with prior comments!!

SO BE IT!! I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE!!!

I am speaking up the for the little guy!!

The little guy who is getting OBLITERATED due to GREED!!

Here is the SOLUTION!!

Put a CAP on how much you can raise the rent LEGALLY here in ARIZONA? NOTHING justifies raising it by $300 a month! Nothing!! THAT SHOULD BE MADE ILLEGAL!!! A reasonable adjustment is needed! But hundreds??!! NO WAY!!!

There is no justification other than GREED!!

Soooo everybody wants to be a millionaire today! Isn't that nice?! Slap on a few cheap renovations and claim it's worth the hundreds more each month!! PATHETIC!!

Screw the little guy! Is that your plan? The little guy needs to move out of AZ!! Isn't that what you've said all along so the elite can move in! You STUCK UP SNOBS!!! YOU DISGUST ME!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! THIS MUST STOP!!

Enjoy your Maserati and your gourmet ice-cream while the little guy struggles to make ends meet!!!

I am not against CAPITALISM!! I am against PURE EVIL MOVES in order to GET RICH with no CONSIDERATION or CARE for the person who is renting your UNIT?! Zero!!

THIS MUST STOP!!

You are EXPLOITING innocent people in order to make a PROFIT!! Bottom line!!

Last edited by MissMouse111; 12-07-2020 at 11:15 AM..

Old 12-07-2020, 11:09 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Yep, I would agree. As a 4th gen Native, I hate to see what outside influences have done to AZ. As some one who has been a renter and have owned rental property I know it's only fair to raise rent in small realistic amounts, ie. Something matching cost of living increases. Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done about it. We will become more like California with every passing year

Old 12-07-2020, 11:20 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,272,512 times
I hate to add to this soap opera, but $300 more a month is pretty extreme. I can imagine myself 10 years ago living in my apartment - I would have been livid if they increased it by that amount out of the blue. Unfortunately, not sure what you can do about it aside from screaming at your computer screen. Sorry - but I do empathize with you.

Old 12-07-2020, 11:24 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,643,139 times
Stop yelling! I may spill my gelato on my Ferrari.

Old 12-07-2020, 11:31 AM

13,726 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yep, I would agree. As a 4th gen Native, I hate to see what outside influences have done to AZ. As some one who has been a renter and have owned rental property I know it's only fair to raise rent in small realistic amounts, ie. Something matching cost of living increases. Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done about it. We will become more like California with every passing year

As a landlord I need market rate. I've got renters who are paying $1350 for a rental which is now worth at least $1900. They are good renters who have been with me for 5 years and I know they can't afford even a $250 rent increase. I'll give them plenty of time next year to move but I will be taking the house back, fixing it up and then re-renting it..

One of biggest mistakes I made when I started buy investment properties was to underestimate operating costs.

Last edited by john3232; 12-07-2020 at 11:52 AM..

Old 12-07-2020, 11:41 AM

Furthermore, in February of 2020 this was posted in a review:

A lady here who spoke to ABC15 about how high her rent went. From $900 to $1450. This company doesn't want to offer a home. They just want your money. Look anywhere else but here.

Old 12-07-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Stop yelling! I may spill my gelato on my Ferrari.
LOL Ahhh! A little humor mixed in with the pain! Wouldn't want that to happen, would we? Shame on me. Have a good day!

Old 12-07-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMouse111 View Post
Furthermore, in February of 2020 this was posted in a review:

A lady here who spoke to ABC15 about how high her rent went. From $900 to $1450. This company doesn't want to offer a home. They just want your money. Look anywhere else but here.
Yes, but at $900 a month the apartment complex was likely run down. The company which bought the property likely put money into renovations to get the $1450.

Old 12-07-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMouse111 View Post
I will get harassed for what I'm about to say and this is why I was hesitant to post for quite a few months. I don't care anymore!! Something needs to be said! I know who my BULLY is and apparently I was told he was doing that because he is in the real estate business! Let's be clear!! People like him could CARE LESS about the little guy!!

This is not about SUPPLY and DEMAND! THIS IS ABOUT PURE EVIL!!

California property management companies are buying up apartments left and right here in ARIZONA!! They are raising the rent by $200 to $300 a month?? It's DISGUSTING!!

People are being STRIPPED of any money they have left over in order to put a roof over their heads! After they pay the rent, there isn't much to LIVE ON!! It wasn't always this way! It USED TO BE AFFORDABLE!! BUT $300 more each month??? IS THAT NOT DISGUSTING?!! WE CAN'T ALL BE LAWYERS WHO CAN AFFORD OUTRAGEOUS RENTS!!!

It's VERY WRONG!! It boils down to PURE GREED!!

Mind you I will get harassed by a CUT and PASTE SNOB who likes to drag up anything negative on me in the past with prior comments!!

SO BE IT!! I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE!!!

I am speaking up the for the little guy!!

The little guy who is getting OBLITERATED due to GREED!!

Here is the SOLUTION!!

Put a CAP on how much you can raise the rent LEGALLY here in ARIZONA? NOTHING justifies raising it by $300 a month! Nothing!! THAT SHOULD BE MADE ILLEGAL!!! A reasonable adjustment is needed! But hundreds??!! NO WAY!!!

There is no justification other than GREED!!

Soooo everybody wants to be a millionaire today! Isn't that nice?! Slap on a few cheap renovations and claim it's worth the hundreds more each month!! PATHETIC!!

Screw the little guy! Is that your plan? The little guy needs to move out of AZ!! Isn't that what you've said all along so the elite can move in! You STUCK UP SNOBS!!! YOU DISGUST ME!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! THIS MUST STOP!!

Enjoy your Maserati and your gourmet ice-cream while the little guy struggles to make ends meet!!!

I am not against CAPITALISM!! I am against PURE EVIL MOVES in order to GET RICH with no CONSIDERATION or CARE for the person who is renting your UNIT?! Zero!!

THIS MUST STOP!!

You are EXPLOITING innocent people in order to make a PROFIT!! Bottom line!!
That's not necessarily true esp. for the smaller landlords such as myself. I am very aware the value of having a renter who is easy to work with. Losing a quality renter for an extra $200 would be a mistake.

Yes, it's easy to find renters . The phone rings off the hook when I put a rental on the market. The problem is 9 out of 10 who call aren't good applicants.

I had a property on the market early this year. Maybe 35-40 contacted me through the Zillow web site. I emailed them my requirements and showed the house to three couples one of which took the home.

Last edited by john3232; 12-07-2020 at 12:34 PM..

Old 12-07-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Yes, but at $900 a month the apartment complex was likely run down. The company which bought the property likely put money into renovations to get the $1450.
That point was made on another outrageous increase. Absolutely no renovations were made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area