Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 04:54 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,365,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Overpriced ripoff.
Low quality? They aren't really that expensive as far as mattresses go...

I was gonna ask if they have a showroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 06:08 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Low quality? They aren't really that expensive as far as mattresses go...

I was gonna ask if they have a showroom.
If only there were a way to look that up.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:57 PM

857 posts, read 843,628 times
Online. Nectar mattresses specifically as they have some decent prices/sales, free shipping, 365 day (or something close to) try out period, free sheet set, pillows, etc. I have not purchased from them yet, but intend to as I have heard good things about that brand. Just my opinion.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:40 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
Online. Nectar mattresses specifically as they have some decent prices/sales, free shipping, 365 day (or something close to) try out period, free sheet set, pillows, etc. I have not purchased from them yet, but intend to as I have heard good things about that brand. Just my opinion.
Nectar seems like a fine company but they only sell all-foam mattresses. May not be the best choice in Phoenix, although cooling technology may have improved.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:39 PM

2,378 posts, read 2,707,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
The trend is away from box springs, and just using a mattress on a platform. The compressed foam has gotten to be more durable than the metal coils. It is almost as much of a pirate ship as the ac conmen. The online sellers will let you try them for x days.. and take them back... they are then donated to charities. Google best online mattress sellers... they will sell on Amazon.
I have noticed how much of the mattress market is non-box-springs, and wondered why. I find it hard to believe that foam would be more durable than metal. I was thinking maybe it was a con, because foam is cheaper and offers the manufacturer more profit?

And I have no intention of buying it online.

Old 01-14-2021, 04:38 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,303,020 times
My wife and I have loved our purple mattress we've had for the past year or so. Sleeps way cooler than any mattress we've used so far and see that a lot of mattress stores advertise having purples to buy and try in store now.

Old 01-17-2021, 03:02 PM

2,378 posts, read 2,707,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phx1205 View Post
We bought a Tuft and Needle mattress about 2-3 years ago and have been happy with it. They had a small store in Downtown Phoenix where we went to check it out before buying.
Did you also shop elsewhere? How did you end up at T&N?

Old 01-17-2021, 03:40 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,825,814 times
Yesterday I received a new Sealy Cocoon 12-inch Mattress that I bought online from Costco.com. It's a hybrid, having both coil springs and foam with two inches of memory foam in the top layer. It was described as a "plush" mattress but after sleeping on it last night I added my memory foam topper to it this morning.

Just slightly more firm than I like.

The amazing thing was that it left the factory in Mississippi and arrived at my house in Maui 2 days later. Usually ordered goods take a week or two. It was also compressed and shrink-wrapped to a manageable size, then packaged.

I am especially glad to no longer need a box spring. I bought a new bed frame that is 16" high so I can slide large plastic storage containers underneath. Christmas decorations, snorkel gear, beach chairs, etc. are now hidden but convenient, and the bed is the same height as my old one.

Storage space is at a premium in most homes in Hawaii.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:16 PM

414 posts, read 534,044 times
Bought a new lower priced mattress from Mattress Firm over a year ago and it`s great. Cheap long distance delivery and great service. They kept calling with delivery updates. No charge to take the old one. I think the actual manufacturer is in Tolleson.

Old 01-20-2021, 08:29 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,450,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Sams club and Costco online. The mattresses come compressed. You have to guess or go by reviews for firmness etc, but you theoretically can return it.
This ^^

And I can't speak on Sam's Club, but at Costco, yes, you most definitely can return.

Over the years we have purchased a few mattresses from Costco, and with their return policy, it's as if you have a lifetime trial period. They have no time limit in which you can no longer return a mattress.

I'm not advocating to abuse their policy, by technically, you could use one of their mattress for a few years, then return it and buy another.

So yeah, buy a mattress from Costco, and if you don't like it after a month or two, return it, no harm no foul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: