U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 07:00 PM

4 posts, read 8,636 times

Advertisements

I'm a college student working in Chandler for the summer. I've been trying to decide on a place to live and I basically have it down to living in either Chandler or Tempe.

Tempe - I'll be around a college crowd and nightlife. Plus finding a place for summer is easier due to students leaving for the summer.

Chandler - Commute will be short, but not as much nightlife/college scene.

Where I'm working will be near the intersection of Chandler Ave and Rural Rd. So if I live in Tempe it looks like I would probably take Rural Rd or go east/west to hop on either the 101 or 10 freeway. Any idea how long this commute would take?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 07:19 PM

2,644 posts, read 6,832,784 times
The southern end of Tempe and the northern end of Chandler blend so seamlessly that unless you look very carefully at street signs, you won't even know when you have crossed from one city into the other. For that reason, I wouldn't suggest looking for housing with a preconceived notion of choosing one city over the other. Just look at housing you like within an acceptable commuting radius and choose the best option for you regardless of which city it lies in. The college-town side of Tempe really won't become obvious until you venture north of the 60 Freeway.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 AM

59 posts, read 232,806 times
Outside of the ASU area, Chandler and Tempe are pretty much the same. You won't notice much much of a difference except that Chandler the further out you go gets quite a bit newer. Tempe is more expensive for what you get.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:46 PM

710 posts, read 3,223,401 times
Rural, McClintock and the 101 fwy access road are all easy...the 101 itself can be busy at time. Most people have the reverse commute, so yours would take you 20 mins I would guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>