Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 03:01 PM

6,167 posts, read 2,782,036 times

Advertisements

I just talked to her. Her response is she tends to have to much to drink and if she does it again to knock on her door and she will knock it off.

She seems very ignorant and doesn't seem to understand why that's not ok and I shouldn't need to knock on her door. I did my part being civil with her but won't ask her again will take it up with management next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 06:23 PM

1,119 posts, read 755,952 times
Maybe start by leaving a polite note on the door?

Old 02-16-2021, 08:37 PM

6,231 posts, read 3,438,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
My current neighbor has been living next door to me for 4 months a female with a toddler. For the most part she's civil and doesn't cause trouble.

When she first moved in she would play her music from time to time but at reasonable volumes later on she started having questionable people coming and going from her place various hours and lately she has started blasting her stereo at 2 to 3 in the morning the passed week or so.

Not sure if she's having parties or what and if maybe drugs are involved I don't know any normal person who can be blasting their music at that hour especially with a child and not be under the influence.

I want to confront her about it but be polite I'm a laid back person and don't like getting in to it with my neighbors I'm not a person who likes to complain a lot so I want to handle this in a civil manner.

Any advice how to handle it with her and if it continues what to do going further I don'ts wanna get the police involved but the management seems to always recommend calling them instead of doing their job.

It is an apartment complex.

What is the cut off point in Phoenix playing loud music I know its not 3 am.
You mention questionable people coming and going. This caught me eye, not the noise at 3 AM.

I sincerely hope you have a weapon locked and loaded and ready to use at a moment’s notice. Do you open carry? That might be a good idea to send a message if you are fully weapons trained.

But not only just owning a weapon, do you fire it regularly at a range? You need to fire thousands of rounds in order to make it automatic. Most people will freeze up in a real situation and the only way to overcome this is with training.

Also, know the laws of deadly force in Arizona. Take advantage of being in a state such as Arizona who allow you the opportunity to protect yourself. But talk to experts, talk to other experienced people, take the doubt out of your mind as to what you can and can’t do.

Lastly, get a camera system if you don’t already. See if you are allowed to set it up outside your door.

Apartment living is tough, so protect yourself out there. The hope is that you never, ever have to use your weapon outside the range. But you must be ready at all times.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:02 PM

6,939 posts, read 4,945,978 times
I would just call the police. Why screw around with it? They are just going to tell her to keep to he noise down. It would be the most efficient way to handle it.

Old 02-17-2021, 01:47 AM

1,485 posts, read 1,453,936 times
Focus on the music.. Don't be judgemental of her guests, and what they do in privacy....even if it looks shady. Apartments mostly suck. I would just tell her nicely to keep it down after a reasonable hour..maybe even midnight or 10pm on weekdays.

Old 02-18-2021, 03:51 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,260,007 times
Quote:
I just talked to her. Her response is she tends to have to much to drink and if she does it again to knock on her door and she will knock it off.

She seems very ignorant and doesn't seem to understand why that's not ok and I shouldn't need to knock on her door. I did my part being civil with her but won't ask her again will take it up with management next time.
Honestly, that seems perfectly reasonable. She is acknowledging that she might overstep, even intentionally, and is inviting you to correct her. No, you should NEED to do it; but it's a lot easier to go knock on a door rather than ruminate and grump around in your apartment sleepless and cranky. It's a pretty grown-up move.

Old 02-20-2021, 11:48 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,677,431 times
Quote:
My current neighbor has been living next door to me for 4 months a female with a toddler. For the most part she's civil and doesn't cause trouble.

When she first moved in she would play her music from time to time but at reasonable volumes later on she started having questionable people coming and going from her place various hours and lately she has started blasting her stereo at 2 to 3 in the morning the passed week or so.

Not sure if she's having parties or what and if maybe drugs are involved I don't know any normal person who can be blasting their music at that hour especially with a child and not be under the influence.

I want to confront her about it but be polite I'm a laid back person and don't like getting in to it with my neighbors I'm not a person who likes to complain a lot so I want to handle this in a civil manner.

Any advice how to handle it with her and if it continues what to do going further I don'ts wanna get the police involved but the management seems to always recommend calling them instead of doing their job.

It is an apartment complex.

What is the cut off point in Phoenix playing loud music I know its not 3 am.
Call and report her to apartment management, every time. Call the police non-emergency number, every time. Do not confront her. Nothing good can come of that. The type of person who'd apologize and fix the problem wouldn't be a problem in the first place. What will happen is, you'll get dog poop smeared on your door, your car keyed, etc. She and her buddies will be hateful and vengeful, and even if you don't call the cops, someone else will... and they'll blame you.

I had a neighbor like this years ago. I kept calling the police, and they kept shutting them down earlier and earlier. Ran into the hall one day and he was steaming, asking me if I knew who was calling the cops 'cause she had words for them. I said no way, I can't believe anyone would tattle, eff them, I hope you can keep having your parties! And then I called the cops that night when they started up again. She wound up moving out.

Old 02-21-2021, 02:07 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,760,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
3am music, if the building mgmt wont do anything about, means calling the cops
you should talk to her first, and if it continues, then its 911 time
911 is not for noise complaints. The police departments have non-emergency numbers. In Phoenix the number is 602.262.6151

Old 02-21-2021, 02:11 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,274,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
3am music, if the building mgmt wont do anything about, means calling the cops
you should talk to her first, and if it continues, then its 911 time
911 is for EMERGENCIES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
911 is not for noise complaints. The police departments have non-emergency numbers. In Phoenix the number is 602.262.6151
Exactly.

Old 02-21-2021, 02:14 PM

6,408 posts, read 9,019,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Honestly, that seems perfectly reasonable. She is acknowledging that she might overstep, even intentionally, and is inviting you to correct her. No, you should NEED to do it; but it's a lot easier to go knock on a door rather than ruminate and grump around in your apartment sleepless and cranky. It's a pretty grown-up move.
It is not a grown up move. She asking for someone else to account for her own behavior and blaming it on alcohol. I have been intoxicated plenty of times and have not started blasting music. The conversation that occurred should be the end of it. If it continues to OP should be under no obligation to keep politely knocking on her door and asking her to be quite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area